Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
902 Posts
I see no need to wear a facemask WHILE riding, but if I stop either to do business somewhere or to talk to someone I have facemasks and hand sanitizer in the trunk....

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,922 Posts
that would be pointless, and make it impossible to breathe.
My helmet takes care of that problem, and the open air negates any need for a mask.

When I stop, I don't wear a mask unless the place of business requires one.
Most fuel stops accept credit cards at the pump.
a pee break usually is an outside restroom in a lot of rural places, so no mask needed there.

·
Administrator
27,158 Posts
No I absolutely would not. When I go into a business I have my mask in my hand or in my pocket and put it on before I enter if they require it and take it off immediately after I exit. I see people alone in cars wearing a mask, I have to shake my head. Or people wearing a mask covering their mouth bit not their nose, same thought.

·
Premium Member
1991 GL1500 Interstate Cinnamon Beige
520 Posts
NO, , and if it gets THAT bad, , we all should just bend ova and kiss our sweet azz good-bye!! I have a mask and hand sanitizer onboard but only wear it/use it in crowded situations.
I've gone to "full-face" mode on my modular HJC for banking transactions at my local bank, they've all known me since being a LEO here (I close the "mouth vent" for extra measure though).

Our hospital capacity is well within levels of handling a surge/spike. Other areas are not so lucky with the hospital capacity being dangerously close to maximum. That is the most important statistic for everyone to be aware of. No big deal if you get sick and recover, , but if you NEED hospital care and its not there, , ,you might be screwed.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I work 3 days a week at Penske Truck and myself and 2 others ride in one car to do our work,at times I drop two guys off to pickup trucks to deliver to other places,I wear a mask mostly all day in the car ,even while I’m alone,I noticed on cool mornings on the bike the mask on seems to keep my face warm,I do have full cover helmet but it needs to be really cold for me to get it out.
Here in Fort Worth there was 1500 cases so if I’m out my mask is on,never know who is close by.

Reactions: FerretFolks

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,840 Posts
No! I don't and won't. Every day I see numbskulls riding bicycles while wearing masks. Head shaker...

Reactions: Dirt Road Cowboy

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,922 Posts

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
Um, no. No different than not wearing one while driving my own car.
I might put myself at risk of infecting myself? They are more for protecting others.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
My wife and I were considering pairing up our helmets and going into places the had mask nazis or maskholes, just to see what reaction we got. Or better yet, just go in singly and carry on a conversation with no one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No, and if required, I still wouldn't. Wearing a face mask outdoors provides no benefits to anyone. Numerous studies have validated that face masks do not work outdoors.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
If you do you probably wear protection when you sleep alone.

Reactions: BadMonk's1200

·
Registered
159 Posts
The only mask wear while riding is the baklava mask for cold weather...and it's got to be real cold too. I wear one of those useless things when going into a business, to keep the business out of trouble with our tyrannical state government. It's a load of bs.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
635 Posts
Interesting story here about Masks.

That's why doctors offices and hospitals don't allow that type of mask. Most people don't understand that your mask helps protects others and their mask helps protects you.

·
Lucy 1994
9 Posts
Do you, or would you wear a face mask while out riding the Gold Wing if things get that bad?
gumbyredd
Normally, no, it's stupid. BUT...now that the weather is getting cold, and I ride year around as long as the roads are clear and temps are at least in the 20's, I'm thinking a face mask might work fine to protect the face from the blast of cold air.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts