Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here, but read a lot on this forum, and agree with all of you it's the best one around!

Just a question,I found a good deal on some chrome engine side covers, but they are for a GL1200, will they fit, or can they be easy madeto fit on a 1982 GL1100 aspencade?

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Almost anything will fit almost anything with the right amount of duct tape and plastic explosives:cooldevil:

anywho...I have a buddy that has an 82 1100I and got a set of side covers off a 1200 and made them fit with some home made brackets...He also got a set of rotor covers off a 1500 and with a couple home made brakets made them fit and they all look great:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the best Wing forum around Phythorian, I hope you enjoy it here. DigbyODellis right in that the side panels won't just plug & play. You have to make brackets for this to work but it isn't too difficult.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Lots of GL1200 stuff will fit the 1100 with a bit of work. I got a set of the Markland chromed ABS timing belt covers that bolt onto the GL1200 covers. They will fit the GL1100 as well if you file about 10mm off the bottom rear of the lower fairing covers. They look really well. I got the idea after seeing it done on the wingnuts GL1100 years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.