Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently stripped down my 1999 GL1500SE to get it repainted.I removed all paintable panels.Since then I wanted to move the bike to make room in my garage as it was parked on the centre stand right in the middle of my garage during the panel removal,

when I took it off the centre stand to move it,it seemed to be in gear,I tried without luck to take it out of gear as I was pushing it.

Does anyone know,when you strip down a goldwing,is there a safety switch or something which makes the bike very difficult to move?

I am really hoping that I now do notown a goldwing with a jammed transmission or something,could anyone please advise me on what to try or do,or will it fix itself once I get er all back to gether?One other thing,the battery has been removed for the last 4-5 months,not sure if a bike without a battery might have a safety lockup to deter a thief!

Thanks,please any advice would help

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Nope. It's either in gear or the brake is grabbing.
Ain't much else. It could be in reverse too, I guess.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Yep,,,, good chance it's got something to do with reverse gear like Rudy says. Since you had totake the lever off to get the plastic off.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
imported post

I agree with everyone else, it's your reverse lever not engage all the way.:) It happened to me one time out on the road shortly after I got my wing.:shock:
Scared the heck out of me then realized what I did.:? Once I took it all the way out of reverse everything was OK.:D I think that it happens to everyone at least once......:D

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

If it's like any other motorcycle I've come across, shifting gears with the engine off is next to impossible. There has to be interior motion for the gears to shift properly.

Also try pulling the clutch lever in, that seems to help a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.