Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody on this forum have a Suzuki Cavalcade?

I have a friend with one and the low beam has burned out. He says the fairing has to be removed to change the bulb. I'm sure he's wrong but...

Can anybody give a me a "how to".

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

This from a Cavalcade Forum:

ULTRA BRIGHT HEADLIGHT BULBS
Where do I get one of these ultra bright headlight bulbs? ~
I went to http://www.cbtimports.com/ or call 1800.782.4686 look under PIAA, Cads take the H-4 bulb, and I kept the old bulb for a spare. Good luck. ~ Frank M., Co Sp. ‘86 LX

Where do I get one of these ultra bright headlight bulbs? Is there a way to change the headlight bulb without removing the fairing? ~ Perry

Just reach under the front of the fairing. The bulb just twists out and in of the back of the headlight assembly. ~ Tracy

I pulled the faring to access the light bulb, feeling uncomfortable not seeing what I was doing. I might be able to change it now buy feel reaching up behind. ~ Frank M, Co Sp. ‘86 LX

And this from a newsletter:

HEAD LAMP REPLACEMENT
While on a ride last night my low beam went out. I have read the service manual on changing it out, and it seems quite a job removing all the fairing and such. I have couple of questions. First, is there a quicker/shortcut way of changing out the bulb? Second, other then picking the bulb up at a Suzuki dealer, Can NAPA or any other
parts dealer provide the bulb? And if so does anybody have the part number... thanks for the help.
~Joe in AK

Joe, just buy a H4 lamp anyplace that sells automotive bulbs. You don't need to remove any fairings. Just take your horns out of the way. You can reach up there with one hand. Unplug the connector, pull off the boot, unlatch the lamp clip and take out the lamp. Installation is reverse, a little trickier but it can be done. Don't touch the new lamp glass with your bare hands and it will last longer.
Dave

And yet another:

HEADLIGHT REPLACEMENT

I finally got around to changing out my headlight bulb. The original bulb was still fine, but I wanted to upgrade to the brighter, whiter light. I chose the "Wagner Trueview 9003TV" (H4). I've always done my own work on my bike (bought it in 2001 with 5200 miles), from changing tires to going through the carbs but didn't want to pull the fairings off to change that bulb unless I really had to. I was able to reach up from underneath behind the horn bracket without removing
anything and change the bulb. Pulled the plug out from the bulb, removed the rubber boot, pushed in and lifted up on the wire clip that holds the bulb in and swung it out to the left. Removed the bulb, inserted the new one and reversed for install. Make sure to get the clip back
on correctly or you'll get a shaking light. Also, be sure to get the boot all the way on to keep the water out of the assembly. Total time? 15 minutes! It helps to have smaller hands and a little dexterity. ~Karl '87 LXE 15,000 miles

Google is a heck of a tool if you know how to use it :)

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Sam. I had done Yahoo searches twice and never gotten the answer.

Seems like it can be done though.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds a lot like changing bulbs on an 1800. It would have helped if I'd been double jointed though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.