Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1979 Kawasaki paint codes needed(A3A model). Already tried Kaw microfiche and bikebandit withno luck. Don't have any original painted pieces to match up to.

Does anyone know any other online source? Local dealers are dimwitted andno help.:gunhead:

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Real good site Mike, but it doesn't have it.

Sourcestill needed if anyone knows where. thanks.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

What's the full model number besides A3A?

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

'79 A3A MKII (similar in shape to a Z1R), but in Luminous Dark Red. Need the Kaw paint code, dealers can't get it, and I don't have original painted pieces to match up. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

ozzyn, thanks for that link. I used it before and had all those pics enlarged and already gave them to my painter. Going for a resto look butthe decals will be painted though. For what I'm being charged, the color needs to be right.

He can't tell if there's metallic in the stock paint or not but thinks there might be. Everything I've seen in his books aren't metallic and ifhe addsmetallic, it'll be a few shades off...possibly as bad as having pink hue in it.

kaw dealers aren't helpful, I agree. Hadn't heard that they don't give out codes though. Answers I got were that they can't get them. This'd be simple if I had a sample in my hand--just get it scanned at the local paintsupply and get a matching color, but no sample available to do that and the pics can't be used for that. So it's just eyeball test for now. Unless I find some online source for the code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.