Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1986 GL1200
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All.

I'm in the market and will be more going forward. I've seen lots of used stuff on eBay and happy to be learning the 1986 GL1200 doesn't break the BANK - my bank is small.

I came across this site, Goldwing Parts. The prices are great. But how's the quality? Don't mean to start a fight or debate but just really needing to know where to go for bits and pieces.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I havent used them but I looked and the issue that bothers me is they have no phone number to contact them. Everything is through their form for contact. You place an order and hope this company is on the up and up and has no issues with stock.

·
Registered
1986 GL1200
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm hearing you... Thanks...
The customer service part is important!

Trying to get myself more familiar with the product market for the Honda Goldwing family of Motorcycle. Considering how many were produced and how desirable they still are (and getting) it makes sense that there might be a ton of folks selling bits for the machines at various levels of quality... Again, margins are tight in my case, but I don't want to be buying junk to try to bring my GL1200A back to the road... Lots of head scratching going on. But I have time.

In general, Are there reputable sources members have come to trust in service and quality? Are the somethings and sources for aftermarket and other things that ought be OEM in people's experience? I know it's an almost ridiculous question but it's one in have. I better hit the net and start digging.

·
Administrator
28,665 Posts
Never heard of it. I wouldn't chance it.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,332 Posts
I ordered a Honda Generator through a form like that, even with PayPal, I lost my money.
why?

the vendor had "proof of receipt", never mind that it was an Email to me, and USPS showed the tracking number was delivered in South Carolina.
PayPal would not let a "human do the tracking" , they just used their Automated Robot to "listen to" the vendor's report.

PayPal is not as good as they were 10 to 15 years ago, when they really would back up the buyer.

·
Registered
1986 GL1200
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's good and right advice, hard to hear but yes, I think I'll follow your direction. The 30yr idea is the clincher, lol...

I found the sight looking for a speedo and a tac to replace the digital display... I've basically taken (and plan to take) the bike down to bare-ish bones (I know some folks won't agree with that and). Does anyone know of a product or company, or can something like that be gotten from Honda?

·
Registered
1986 GL1200
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What year GL1200A do you own? Our OEM Parts Finder might have what you need.
Hey, Thanks! It's a 1986 GL1200A...

Is the Finder built into this site, or there a separate link...?

I'll start a new thread for Speedo tac and controls questions next - as this thread was originally about me digging for info about the vendors site above...

Many thanks

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,332 Posts
eBay options.

I use SearchTempest to find parts.

·
Registered
1986 GL1200
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
eBay options.

I use SearchTempest to find parts.

Wow Man,,, Thank you for the time and work...

I should have been clearer. Maybe you even did offer it but the list was/is so long I haven't looked thru them all yet.

I'm working on a cut down bike. It was needed as lots of the ferrring and surrounding bits were missing and needed to go. In that, for the speedo and tac I'm looking for stand alone good looking dial type stuff... I would love to see stuff like that if you have and I will pour through your list fully after work.

Thanks again,,, be well!!!

·
Registered
1983 gl1100
47 Posts
Good Morning All.

I'm in the market and will be more going forward. I've seen lots of used stuff on eBay and happy to be learning the 1986 GL1200 doesn't break the BANK - my bank is small.

I came across this site, Goldwing Parts. The prices are great. But how's the quality? Don't mean to start a fight or debate but just really needing to know where to go for bits and pieces.

I did a "WhoIs" search on the domain name. While initially registered in 2003, by the copyright on the website the thing has only been up since 2022. That said it's a Shopify driven web site sitting Shopify Web Servers with an automatic redirect the the "GoldwingParts.Com" URL. Shopify is a data driven web host/build solution that allows the user the ability to pull images and data from others sites to create their own web sites. The sales tools are built into the system.

The fact that I can't find ownership or contact information doing a deep dive within the web registrar, Google Search, etc. I would have to say "Buyer Beware" there are too many other fantastic outlets out there for what you need for your Goldwing.

Just my opinion! Alan

·
Registered
1986 GL1200
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did a "WhoIs" search on the domain name. While initially registered in 2003, by the copyright on the website the thing has only been up since 2022. That said it's a Shopify driven web site sitting Shopify Web Servers with an automatic redirect the the "GoldwingParts.Com" URL. Shopify is a data driven web host/build solution that allows the user the ability to pull images and data from others sites to create their own web sites. The sales tools are built into the system.

The fact that I can't find ownership or contact information doing a deep dive within the web registrar, Google Search, etc. I would have to say "Buyer Beware" there are too many other fantastic outlets out there for what you need for your Goldwing.

Just my opinion! Alan
Thanks all all all... Really!
I am convinced.
Thanks for the right advise!

As they say,,, if it's too go to be true,,,,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts