Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is this only in Sweden???

I asked for the price of the little red rear reflector. Price at Honda was 30$ :gunhead:

I asked for the price of rear wheel brake linings. Price at Honda was 127$ :gunhead:

I bought a similar rear reflector at a car supplie shop at the price of 1$30c :)

I bought rear wheel brake linings at "Plattis" our lokal dealer of motorcycle extras, at the price of 45$7c

I want to buy brake linings for the front wheel both sides. Does anyone know If they are similar to any other make too a cheaper price? And what are they named?

Regards :waving:

Thomas / Sweden

:18blue:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Hello Thomas. EBC brake pads are only one third of the price that Honda charge for the OEM pads. Honda prices are always much more expensive, usually by at leats 60% over aftermarket bits.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

When you are at your local Honda dealer ask the counterperson to quote you prices on both OEM and aftermarket components. Most dealers offer both alternatives, but would rather you purchased OEM because they can retire much earlier due to Honda's big $prices.

Vic

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Thomas:waving:Honda does not care if you are stupid or smart, just as long as you are rich, their philosophy is take it or leave it.

:12red::cool:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Thomas,

I don't know why the great difference in price between Honda and aftermarket, but that's common with automobile manufacturers too. Here in Washington state, the Honda dealer near me offered both the Honda brake pads and the EBC pads for nearly the same price, less than $30US.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Try JCWHITNEY.com. They carry a lot of aftermarket parts for goldwings and other Honda models at (what I consicer) reasonable prices... Check them out...

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Bad thing about JCWhitney is you don't know what you're getting, and they can send you whatever they want. Look at the brake pads for example. No name brand at all. They could send you the bottom line EBC, Cheng Dong, BYX, who knows what you may get. And you can't complain as long as they send you brake pads that fit.

Myself, I prefer to know what I am getting, and would prefer to spend a little extra on something as critical as brake parts. My life is worth more in a panic stop. Last thing I need is to have a pad come apart when I need it most.

EBC pads are good, it's what they do. Brakes and brake related parts. Don't trust some company that puts their name on the pads from the lowest bidder.

Raymond

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.