Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Does anyone have or know how this gets wired? I bought this isolator on e bay i want to use it to hook up some extra lighting. I went on the star tron webshight and theydon't post or sell any instruction manuals for there products. Any info would be greatly apprecated.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I would say you'll need a meter , set it on ohm's, place one leed on the red screw, then with the other leed place it on the plain screw until you get continuity.It looks like the incomming power is on the red screw the goes thru the fuse, the out on the plain screw. you'll have to pick up a ground source somewhere.,,

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
imported post

I would use a mutimeter to test for continuity from the ground wire through each fitting to determine which ones are ground and which are hot marking them accorcingly.

Would also note if I showed any resistance through that panel.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I found this for 'ya:

http://www.dragspecialties.com/pdfs/DS-272212.pdf

Not the same model, but may help. I can't glean enough info from the picture to know the model #.
Edit: "(STANDARD UNIT & 5 ACC CIRCUITS)" implies that you may have the standard unit if I'm understanding this correctly. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

I think I could use one of these. The trim lights on my trunk are not working and I was thinking of adding some more accent LED's anyway. May have to tear the wiring apart to find the problem but I'll have to keep my eyes open for one.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

SteveTCF wrote:
I think I could use one of these. The trim lights on my trunk are not working and I was thinking of adding some more accent LED's anyway. May have to tear the wiring apart to find the problem but I'll have to keep my eyes open for one.

Steve
You can always go to parts store and get a fuse block. Wire it up like you need to.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

litfuse wrote:
SteveTCF wrote:

Steve
You can always go to parts store and get a fuse block. Wire it up like you need to.
Thats what I did and it works great, I fit it under the faux tank, easy to wire, easy to get to if needing to change fuse.

GOD Bless,
jerry

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

found these on ebay which came from earlier model GL1000 and GL1100's

one has five (5) circuits and other has eight(8) circuits,connections can easily be made,cheaper alternatives are available but these are rather nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.