Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If we aren't supposed to eat animals why are they so tasty?

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

smokepole wrote:
I got this picture here somewhere, and cant find the owner today. Looks just likeFinn. How you think his mat and him are tied on. Theres no way he'd sit still without being tied down, and I'd feel better also.
Thanks for the interest in how I contain my dog while riding my bike. Without some type of restraint my dog, Syd (20 months old) would jump off my bike everytime he would see or hear another dog. So, to hold him in place I have to straps at the front of the false tank fastened to the frame of the bike and one strap at the rear of the false tank, fastened to the frame. These straps connect to a harness that is available at pet stores for use in cars so you can use seatbelts on dogs. I added short straps at 3 points, let, right and upper rear,on the harness and have them connecting to the straps mounted on the bike via quick disconnect clips. The bag I use is a medium size duffle bag like kids use for school books and I cut a hole in the front for Syd's head and lined the hole with fleece so the vinyl would not cut into his neck while riding. I also cut 3 holes in the bottom of the bag so that the straps could go through and fasten to the bike. If it's hot I leave the bag wide open but if it's cold I can zip the bag up and just leave Syd's head out so he doesn't get chilled. Also, in the bottom of the bag I used a very stiff urethane foam pad to give Syd a flat surface to lay on and I keep a towel over that foam pad so he can make it comfy for himself. On the bike's false tank I use an anti slip material that is commonly used in kitchen drawers, this help to keep the bag in place and it also protects the paint finish on th bikeSyd loves riding the bike just as much as Angie did, and, like Angie, as soon as the ride is over he wants his goggles off, but, he will keep them on no problem for hourswhile riding. If anyone wants picture of all this just let me know and I'll load some into this thread.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

Yes please
Pictures are worth a thousand words
And I need a lot of instruction to do things

Finn definitely enjoys car rides

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Here's the carrier we used on the luggage rack to take our Pomeranian with us to Michigan and back (from Seattle) and Oklahoma City and back (from Seattle).

It started out as a small Mailbox shaped carrier and the wife added the outer cover over it. The prototype (shown below) had D-Ring attachments for use with bungie cords, but the final unit had adjustable straps and clips to keep it on the bike. The end unzipped and rolled down to allow more air inside.

He absolutely loved riding with us. Every time I would head for the bike he would follow me and paw at the door of the carrier wanting in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Don't put him on the bike at all; get a longish length of elastic shock cord, tie one end to a crash bar and other to his collar.....let him run alongside......

This works best on dogs that are kind of speedy.... but it's hell on dachsunds and chiwawaus (sp?). Might go through quite a few of those kinds of dogs.......

(I'll get my coat.....)

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Just spit my coffee out. Your Baaad, but have another great day.
Ned

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.