Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A couple recently went down hard on their VTX's and the lady was drawing a blank when asked vital questions by the paramedics but she had "Dog Tags " on that she only wore when she rides and it had all kinds of info, "allergic to Penicillian", blood type. daughters ph. number, etc, it came in handy, esp the "Allergy" and "Blood type"!!

Those to can kill you if given the wrong anti-biotic or Blood type !

Can buy them here she said?

http://www.gidogtags.com/?gclid=CI2-5Pvv44UCFRAISQodH0j2OA

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I have a set of DT's on both my key rings and keep a copy of them in my truck and on my bike:cool:

I guess its one of those things I just take for granted:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
imported post

I wear a medic-alert tag but the medics failed to look or ask about it in both my accidents last year. I like the dog tag idea though, maybe they would be more visible.

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
imported post

I have a medic-alert dog tag. Have not had to use it yet but always wear it. Medic alert was recommended to me by not only the paramedics but my local hospital. One thing you can count on, if youneed medical assistance by anyone, your shirt is going to come open and they will see your dog tag.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
imported post

I've worn a medic alert necklace since I was diagnosed with diabetes over 20 years ago but recently I had a surprise.

My son's scout troop is fortunate to have two adults who are both paramedics and ER physician's assistants. These two fellows were doing a first aid training clinic for the troop and I gave them my spare necklace to show the boys what a medic alert tag looked like. They told me that the bracelet is more reliable because EMS looks for that but often misses the necklace.

Do I wear a bracelet now? No, I don't because I do enough stuff where a bracelet could cause a hazard and I don't want to be in the position of having to remove my bracelet and then remembering to put it back on again. Also, what good would it do if I wound up in the ER after I had taken it off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.