Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Don Poorboy Pigott Contact Info

7K views 48 replies 8 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 ·
Just ordered kit from Don. Price for full kit is down to $530 with 1 year warranty on alternator. Or $215 for mounting kit which is minus the alternator, belt & wiring . I would have replaced stator but with cell phone charging, gps, and trailer, I am thinking it would only last so long.
How long after ordering have you received it? I just orderred one and was a bit nervous by the up font payment. However, I have faith! Thanks for letting me know.

#2 ·
I have Don's email and he replied pretty quick. Got a price from him and ordered a kit. He said 5-7 days and now it has been three weeks and no replies to my emails requesting status. Anyone have a phone number for him? Anyone know if he is ok? I would certainly understand if he is having trouble getting parts or is under the weather, but given the method of payment was not standard credit card or paypal, I am starting to get a bit nervous.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Dave
84 GL1200a

#20 ·
Don called me on the telephone, he is right now, logged into the forum and is going to try and respond to each of you individually.

He explained to me that computers and he do not get along very well, but we talked long enough that I believe he will be able to Reply to each of you.

#4 ·
Just a quick update... Still no word from Don, and I sincerely hope he is not having any health or family issues, but I did hear from another forum member that ordered the same kit a week after I did with same results so far. If anyone has a private back channel to Don, please ask him to just make contact with us. We are all understanding people, especially now, but if you are going to collect money for selling something, you have to keep your customers in the loop. Especially when he set an expectation of just a couple weeks.

#5 ·
I have this link: GL1200 GOLDWINGS

from 2014: sign on there, and send him a PM.

Poorboy Offline
Alternator conversion wizard

I now offer my kit 2 ways. As a complete conversion kit & a mounting kit. The complete kit has all needed parts + I do the needed mods to the alternator. It is $525.00 + $30.00 shipping/handling in the U.S.. The mounting kit is minus the alternator, belt & wiring. It is $215.00 + $15.00 shipping/handling.

Poorboy

Reply Report

#93 06-14-2014, 11:33 PM,

#10 ·
Okay,
Don replied to me this morning, this is a Verbatim copy of that email.
----------------------------------------------------

DON PIGOTT <don_pigott at yahoo.com>
To:azgl1800 at yahoo.com
Wed, Jul 8 at 7:38 AM
Hi John,

Every kit that has been ordered & paid for from me has been delivered. Over the years I have a lot that contacted me about ordering a kit & payment was on the way but never heard any more from them. One a few months ago said he ordered & paid for it via Paypal. I never received any payment from him. It never showed up on my Paypal account. He claimed I emailed him to send it to another address. He said he would send copies of all emails we had exchanged, but I have not heard anything else from him. I have been building & selling my kits for over 17 years & have never failed to deliver a kit that was paid for.

Have the 2 members contact me at don_pigott 'at' yahoo.com. This is the same email address I have used for years & the only I use for Paypal.

There have been post that I have died. I assure I'm still alive & kicking. I'm 74 & still ride around 20,000 miles a year. My health is very good. I'm still building my kits & sending them out. Just sent one to Canada yesterday. Not selling near as many as in days past, but still doing a few.

Ride Safe, Don

#12 ·
Hey, I’m waiting as well for a delivery. He sent me a payment confirmation 2 weeks ago. In mean time I’ve asked couple of times about when the goods will be shipped but so far no new update -_- ..
Hope this turns out fine with the goldi down it’s horrible to look at :p

#13 · (Edited)
Follow up:
I sent Don a 2nd request via email to provide me and the other members with the Tracking numbers, waited 2 days and no reply, sent a 3rd email to get "on top of" his inbox, and no reply to that either as of 3 a.m. Tuesday, 7/14/2020

He mentioned he is now 74, but in good health.
I just wonder why he is not responding to emails?

EDIT:
While I writing this, Nanook007 showed up in this thread,
so I wrote Don Pigott yet another email asking for him to post on this thread and update everyone here at once.
time: 3:30 a.m. Tuesday 7/14/2020

#14 ·
Just ordered kit from Don. Price for full kit is down to $530 with 1 year warranty on alternator. Or $215 for mounting kit which is minus the alternator, belt & wiring . I would have replaced stator but with cell phone charging, gps, and trailer, I am thinking it would only last so long.
Sir, I'm in Dayton area too. Did you have any issues with dealing with Don? Which email did you use to contact him, if you don't mind me asking? I can't get him to call me, but he will email me back.

#16 ·
I merged your post into this current thread:
go read the email reply that I got from him, earlier in this thread.

#17 ·
Small update, a french friend of me sent Don an e-mail this morning for a kit for himself and got a reply this afternoon that the kit is still available.
Then he asked about the delivery time and that I’m waiting for info as well. No answer yet to that last e-mail.
Personally I’ve sent 4 e-mails requesting shipment info for the last 2 weeks (after he confirmed the payment). When there is no reply tomorrow I think it’s starting to become clear that we lost half of our salary.
When I have no news by the beginning of next week I’ll post all my communication in order to stop anybody else losing money. I was hoping this story would’t turn this way :(

#18 ·
I received a reply email from Don Pigott this morning, I provided him your member names and email addresses. I hope that all of you used the same exact email address to him, as on this forum.
I asked that he log into the forum and gave him a link to this thread.

#19 ·
Don Pigott wrote to my french friend that he didn’t receive any e-mails from me. Via my friend I’ve forwarded all our communication. Let’s see what he says about that. When I don’t have shipping confirmation this weekend I’ll place all communication on this forum from me and my friend. Then I’ll claim fraud at VISA. There is no difference in the e-mail addresses so this is looking like a serious scam.. I’ll keep you posted.

#22 ·
Don Pigott wrote to my french friend that he didn’t receive any e-mails from me. Via my friend I’ve forwarded all our communication. Let’s see what he says about that. When I don’t have shipping confirmation this weekend I’ll place all communication on this forum from me and my friend. Then I’ll claim fraud at VISA. There is no difference in the e-mail addresses so this is looking like a serious scam.. I’ll keep you posted.

I have not received any payment from you. The only form of payment I accept outside of the U.S is Paypal. If you got a request for payment in any form other than Paypal it is not me. I think my email has been hacked, I have changed my password, but just did it a couple of days ago. Hope we can get this straighten out.
Don

#24 ·
Please send feedback.
FYI Don is replying to my French friend but still not to me.
I’ll post some pictures of the conversations.
You can see I’ve asked again for the 5th time an update to Don on the 16th of July and still without any response. While my friend receives a response to the question if the kit is still available.

WHEN YOU ARE CONSIDERING THE POOR BOY DON PIGOTT ALTERNATOR KIT DO NOT PURCHASE.

This is a fraud.

Maybe it used to be a fair deal but I lost my 530 USD.

Text Font
Text Font Line
Text Font Line Document
Text Font Line Document Screenshot
Text Font Line
Text Font Line Screenshot Number

#27 ·
Please do not get involved with Don Pigott Poor Boy don_pigott@yahoo.com

It is a scam and most likely you will lose your money.

Paypal doesn’t want to help because they say I did the transfer so it was my responsibility.
I’ve claimed a case with VISA and I filed a complaint with all info at the Federal Trade Commission.

Don Pigott Poorboy isn’t taking responsibility so my only chance of getting my money back is via a fraud claim at Visa. The rest is about not letting other people lose their money.

#30 ·
The guy that hacked his email may have your money,happens a lot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.