Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Don't buy from them, they have their heads embedded up their arse! They screwed up my first and last order and it was a simple item. Turn signals. They have an automated parts picking system that is tarded. They shipped me front turn signals with a curved base rubber even though I had spec'd out one for an '81 GL1100. The ones I have use a flat rubber base in the front and back. The one they got right (the rear signal) had a badly molded base with no holes in it (Bikemaster).

Their solution, (automated response)pay to ship them back and in 7-10 days they will credit my card so I can reorder and wait another 3 days (for a total of 6 days) for their stupid error. No matter what they have a 3 day lag on order fullfilment. They suck!!!!. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear you had a problem with them, I've had several orders filled by them with no problems.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I dont think because one person had a problem with bike bandit ,that everybody should stop buying from them ,,I am sure there are thousands of happy customers out there who are very happy with them ,,I have never bought from them ,But I did have a a problem once with Kuryakyn ,,,,But out of all the times that I bought from them ,they only cocked up once and everybody is human and I am still buying from them ,,,,,,SO count to 10 and destress yourself ....Cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately I had a similar experience when I ordered some steering stem bearings and seals. They sent the wrong parts, I contacted them, waited on e-mail a couple of days to tell mesend them back, re-ordered, back-ordered, got the wrong part AGAIN, contacted, cancelled, never to trythem again.:X

As I see Ciarian's post came in while I was typing, he makes a valid point. I just won't try to do business with them unless they are the last resort. I will add that they were courteous in their response and did promptly refund my money back.

So much for them.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

I've used them a couple of times and they;ve been spot on.

If you have trouble with them, call them and work something out, don't try to do it with e-mail.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

As is with anything, not everyone is going to get the same results. It's unfortunate that my first and only attempt at doing business with them turned out badly.

I failed to mention that I did use their live on-line service as, if you will notice, there is no phone number to call them nor can you get one. I connected with a person who didn't have much of a clue of what had happened and after spending about 20 minutes with him, trying to sort out the problem,I was told to "please hold". So I did. Then, abruptly I was disconnected. I re-connected only to find out that the person I'd spent so much time with had left the building and wouldn't be back until Monday(this conversation taking place on Friday) I then was not a happy camper as the new person didn't have any record of my previous conversation. At that point in time, I requested to send all of the parts, good or wrong, back for a refund. The new person didn't try to fix this but told that they would happily refund my money as long as the packaging was intact.Fortunately I hadn't wrecked the packages by opening them and I got my entire amount credited to my credit card account.

I figure they must get most orders correct or they'd have a hard time staying in business. So, I'm glad that others have had a good experience.

That's really all I have to say about the matter.:waving:

Regards,

Hobie

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

This seems to be a new trend and I personally don't like it. Anything you try to do or buy you have to deal with this. Try calling your local friendly cable office, or phone company. You get "please hold". And, more often than not you get disconnected. Really pi**es me off. I just tried to order a part online for customer, a very important part, and I just got the same thing. (not bike parts). The internet is a wonderful thing, but I can still feel the bad attitude coming through the computer screen. GRRRRRRRRR. :whip::whip:

Thankfully I haven't had any problem ordering bike parts....yet. But I betcha that my time is coming, whether it be Wingthings, or hondaline.

Rant over.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

I have only had a couple of orders from them, I did get what I ordered and was happy, it does get very annoying trying to deal with a lot of companys these days, it beats me how everyone has a cell phone, beeper, email, phone and fax,but you still can not talk to a live knowledgeable persona lot of times. Don't get too discouraged. I just settled a ebay dispute and it took me over 2 months to get my money back. So it happens everywhere sometimes.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

You are right there is no phone number just their Live-jivepersons(tm) that doesn't know squat about bikes. He was insisting that what I got was the correct item according to the manufacturer. The set they sent me has got a curved rubber base and not a flat base for my GL1100.

They told me to return them and place a new order so that they can ding my credit card another $70 and then give me a refund in 7-10 days IF they accept the condition of my returns.

This is also a drop ship house they have little stock. When you order from them they ding you credit immediately but ship 3 days later. Most reputable companies only bill when they ship. This is an indication of tight cash flow. So beware.

By contrast I also by from Cycle recycle and they ship the same day and have always gotten my orders right. I just wished now that they had my signals:(

Hobie1 wrote:
As is with anything, not everyone is going to get the same results. It's unfortunate that my first and only attempt at doing business with them turned out badly.

I failed to mention that I did use their live on-line service as, if you will notice, there is no phone number to call them nor can you get one. I connected with a person who didn't have much of a clue of what had happened and after spending about 20 minutes with him, trying to sort out the problem,I was told to "please hold". So I did. Then, abruptly I was disconnected. I re-connected only to find out that the person I'd spent so much time with had left the building and wouldn't be back until Monday(this conversation taking place on Friday) I then was not a happy camper as the new person didn't have any record of my previous conversation. At that point in time, I requested to send all of the parts, good or wrong, back for a refund. The new person didn't try to fix this but told that they would happily refund my money as long as the packaging was intact.Fortunately I hadn't wrecked the packages by opening them and I got my entire amount credited to my credit card account.

I figure they must get most orders correct or they'd have a hard time staying in business. So, I'm glad that others have had a good experience.

That's really all I have to say about the matter.:waving:

Regards,

Hobie

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

I gotta say I've been pretty happy with the three orders I've placed with BikeBandits. Of course all three were pretty simple orders with no complications with no need to call customer support, etc.

On the other hand, I want to warn my fellow Wingers about a web store called CycleWareables. I sent them a Paypal payment for two clutch cover gaskets about2 months ago. I never heard from them again. The cash outlay was small so I just wrote them off.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

The best bet all theh time is to patronize your local shop and build a friendly relationship with them.

Sometimes that's impossible for one reason or another, that's what's nice about being able to jump online and get the parts you need rather quickly.

Ever been to your local shop and ordered a part only to have it arrive 7-10 days later, that's because the shop put it on the "weekly stock order" so they could get an extra discount and return priviledges.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the vendor, there are many more out there, you may want to give

http://www.powersportspro.com/

a try, I used them with success also.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I was about to order a set of pipes for my 83 Wing from an advertisment that stated they were 18 lbs lighter than stock. I would love to lose 18 lbs by replacing pipes. When I tried to pin them down on the great (TOO GREAT) weight savings, they hedged and would only say lighter than stock and were evasive. I contacted several other suppliers and the manufacturer and could not get a straight answer. I finally talked with Wing Things and they found out the weight savings were ounces not pounds. I will buy from them if I buy this set of pipes and will check their catalog before buying from anyone. I like good customer service and being able to talk with a human that seems to care!!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Mr. 1200, Thanks for the info, that explains it. People dealing eye to eye or even live on the phone seems to be going by the way, andthats not for the better.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Well, I recieved my order today and everything was there, so so far, I can't complain.:) I hate to order anything online, but sometimes you have to do what you can do to save a few bucks.:cool:

Gene:dude:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.