Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need to replace the little rubber toe-protector-doomaflicker on my shifter. Any one know where I can get one?

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

I replaced my watchimacallit a while back but I don't recall where I got it. I do have an extra set of muffler bearings if you need some.:cheeky1::action::clapper:

Just kidding,

Hobie

BTW, what would the accurate description of the rubber piece be?:?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I got one at my local Honda dealer for $2.95 I think it was. It was for the 1200 but I think one size fits most of not all.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
I replaced my watchimacallit a while back but I don't recall where I got it. I do have an extra set of muffler bearings if you need some.:cheeky1::action::clapper:

Just kidding,

Hobie

BTW, what would the accurate description of the rubber piece be?:?
Hey Hobie,

Do you use dehydrated water in your radiator also? Make sure you oil your muffer bearings with hypo grease at least twice a year. Also remember to change from winter air to summer air in your tires in May. If you don't it could be trouble.

Jerry

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

You know, I worked a ranch for awhile. We did find that the tractors started easier with diesel batteries... Sent more spark to the plugs.

See ya...

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

When I was in the Air Force, I was required to fetch a bucket of prop wash and fifty feet of flight line. Took me a while:gunhead:

I'm glad you reminded me to change my air. I almost forgot. Danger lurks at every crook and nanny.:action:

ho bee

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

We used to send new radar techs out for "Doppler Grease"!:shock:

Bob :11grey:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Jerry, you know better than try to fool the kids with that dehydrated water thing. Everyone knows you can't put the stuff in the radiator, it causes the water pump seal to dry out. You just carry it incase you lose the coolant, then mix it with water and dump it in.

I wonder what the pyramid builder sent apprentices after, I know I've read about seamen sending ship's boys for red oil for the port running lamp.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

I recall when I was an apprentice engineer being sent to the stores for a bucket full of holes and a long stand.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
imported post

When I worked Pizza places, we used to send all the new people into the the store room to get the Pizza repair kit to fix the holes in the dough. :cheeky1:

We used to also send the delivery drivers over to the BugerKing next store and ask if they could borrow a cup of steam.:waving:

Steve

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
I need to replace the little rubber toe-protector-doomaflicker on my shifter. Any one know where I can get one?
If you can't find one you'll just have to wear a rubber boot on your left foot!:cheeky1:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

In the printing industry, we send the newbies after either 1. a paper stretcher, 2. a box of halftone dots, or we tell them not to touch the 'warm red' ink so they wont get burned.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I use "Helium" in my tires, makes the bike much lighter !!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Speaking of air in the tires, I know why a motorcycles actual weight never matches the specifations from the manufacturer... Its due to having an extra 35lbs of air in each tire!:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Please Mommy, make it stop, it hurts my head......:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Always remember, When things are coming your way.................................

You're probably in the wrong lane !!!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
Left handed, metric crescent wrench.:D
I am left handed and I do have a 250mm crescent wrench!

For those who are not US types, crescent was one of the earliest manufacturers of open end adjustable spanners in the US.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.