Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What a pain. My wifes 2010 suffered a total lock up of the rear brake back in November. Based on the timing her bike may have been the tipping point for the recall. I took my 2010 in today for new tires and my bike failed the initial test. The dealership is still waiting for the necessary equipment to do the secondary test, but geez, what are the odds that both of our bikes would have this issue?

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

That is the first one I have heard of that actually had a problem, probably not many did but they have to do the recall anyway. A friends ST1300 did have that problem, same system.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The tech that worked on my bike said that he has seen the problem in a number of bikes, but few reach the point of failure.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

What are the actual mechanics of this failure? ie. is it in the rear master cylinder or in the secondary cylinder mounted on the left fork tube? Improperly drilled passages? Anybody know?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I know it is in the secondary cylinder, and has something to do with the bleeder valve that relieves the pressure to the rear center pad. The tech said that it is a very small hole, and can easily get stopped up. They replaced the secondary cylinder, all of the lines, as well as the rear pads when my wife's bike locked up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.