Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with a heavy heart to post this but Douglas Michael West "Mohawk" passed away May 29, 2013. We have no details on what happened. He had been talking about having a new Goldwing and loving it and his last post was about getting his car washed by God on the way to and from work.
http://www.falardeaufh.com/obituaries/obit.php?id=2013-151
Button Lady hadn't seen his post in a long time and checked his facebook page and found out the bad news. Mohawk was a very generous and helping individual who was always there when you needed him. He was a member of the Patriot Guard. He would help cook for the Veterans and the homeless. Many will remember he made it here to NASSIR 3 in Hamburg, New York and gave us about 20 stainless steel fork braces that he made for the members. Since no one knew about his passing I do not believe there was a presence from the forum. Mike's wife had passed away in his arms a short time after NASSIR 3. While she was sick the forum offered him a ride with her with the members and going out for a nice meal. He wouldn't hear of it. Please post your comment on the obituary link and mention that you are from the Goldwing forum so they know he was loved by his brothers around the world.
The photo is from NASSIR 3 with Nobbie, Mohawk and Cousin Jack in the front and Johnboy ( who just passed) in the back. The other photo is Mohawk cooking for the veterans and homeless.

Found a link to the accident. http://www.cnycentral.com/weather/story.aspx?id=903777

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
This is just too sad...:sadguy:...And a total shock to hear of "Mohawk's" passing....Our heart felt condolences, and prayers to his family, and his many friends....Rip Mohawk...:praying:

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
So sorry to hear this news. Yet another valued member of the forum family gone too early in life. Prayers being lifted up by the entire Halfling Family.

:praying::sadguy::praying2:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Very very sad news , and I notice on the photo , he is standing beside johnboy who passed away last week , terrible shock for us all , may he rest in peace .

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Such dreadful news on top of losing John not five minutes ago. I used to correspond with Doug often although not so much recently, so this has once again flattened me.

Most of us know that poor Doug lost his wife not so long back and he was just seeming to come round from that and starting to enjoy life again to the full.

Little consolation that he has been taken from us whilst doing the thing he loved so much.
If anyone is in touch with family that they know of, please pass on Helen and my condolences.
I so enjoyed his posts on here, he always seemed to be able to inject a little of his humour into everything he wrote, even when he must have been feeling so very sad.
Another bad day for us all.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
OK, THIS HAS TO STOP & STOP NOW!!!!!! First Johnboy & now Mohawk! There are too few good friends & people in this world to be losing more! Prayers & condolences to Mohawk's family.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
This is really sad news, on top of the recent sad news. The couple of times Dylan and myself met Mohawk, he came across as very friendly and full of enthusiasm for everything. He was a great help to many of us, always willing to give of his time and effort to others.

With a sad heart I will put up an announcement with a link to this thread.

·
Administrator
58,459 Posts
I just learned of this myself and it is with heavy heart that blurs my eyes.

Mohawk was a good friend to all of us.

Please, as Andy said just above, please pay attention and use extra caution as you ride your bikes on the highways. This travesty of loosing our members just has to stop.

Condolences to Mohawk's family, he is going to be sorely missed by us all.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
61,415 Posts
Condolences and prayers to his family and friends.
May he rest in peace.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Prayers from here also.

This is so sad to hear.

·
It aint rocket science
3,821 Posts
That is a shame, I really enjoyed Mohawk's contributions to the forum.:sadguy:

RIP Mohawk and condolences to the family.:praying:

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Mohawk, was one of the good ones we will all miss,,,so very sad ,,,RIP

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I don't as a rule post on these type of threads but this is one I cannot but comment on.

I have had many online conversations with this fine man and he has always been a true gentleman. I fine motorcyclist and free spirit.

If there is an after life I'm sure he is having a whale of a time.

Rest in peace friend.
Andy

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.