Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
632 Posts
It is possible to wave

http://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK0171050291&po=291&pc=306

Pictures 292 thru 306
June 2012 - I think the very same corner and photgrapher
I am on the bright blue 1500 running behind my buddy on his dark blue 1500 with my son on his CX500 sandwiched between us...
In the rain...waving...but looking thru the corner not at the camera and continueing to drive the bike..staying away from the douoble yellows as the paint is always slippery when wet....

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Well this is 2 bad examples of why I say it's not just how you ride yourself but how the other rider/driver screws up or what you might find in the road in middle of a turn!

I know some people kinda think as long as they got 3"s of pavement for their tires inside the line it's fun to blow away other riders in turns. I just think it's not worth the risk since you never know when that other rider will screw up or just do something unexpected like swerve over suddenly. Or even just find a nasty road condition of some type, fluids or a 2X4 or fire hose or trailer ramp etc.. laying there in a turn unseen. I've found those items and lost firewood, downed tree limbs, large dead deer, etc...

This is a fine example though a tragic one!

Everyone was probably doing perfectly fine on the Dragon that day! Well, until they got to that 1 turn where 3 peoples lives got turned inside out!
Vette was doing fine till hit by the bike, no fault of his.

Guy that hit the Vette was doing fine until he screwed up, I would not have wanted to be near him! He could have blow a left turn easy as a right turn, and if passing him where would YOU be??

This other guy named Jeff was doing great that day, and reading on the other forum he is very experienced in riding the Dragon! But, that did not help him when he hit the nasty fluids in the turn from the Bike Vette wreck earlier in the day!

Prayers for Jeff though I don't know him.
Poor guy was just riding his own pace and it was some other screwup he was not even involved in from earlier in the day that has him totally screwed up now and for a long time to come! No matter how good a rider he was as they say, nor how well he knew the Dragon and how well he knew his bike, it did not help when shooting a fast turn and finding something bad in the road that could not be seen.
This poor Jeff guy is totally busted up and the worse off of the 3 and it was just a matter of a nasty road condition that should NOT have existed in the first place!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
you have to feel sorry for Jeff's pain. But HE put himself in that situation so its nobodies fault but his own.
Wilf

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.