Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Lady Imet 2 weeks ago ata meetup group function was killed Tuesdayat DT.Reports list rider lost control and over an embankment. Left behind Husband, daughter and a son. Plans are pending for a benefitin the Austin TX area.

May all prayers be with them.

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

May she rest in peace . May the Lord bring peace and understanding to her family . Its sad to hear yet another fellow rider has passed away enjoying there sport/hobby .

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

prayers to her family that grief will be short.

If you hear anything about the benefit let us know.

Kevin E.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
imported post

Our prayers are with her and the family she left behind.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Prayers from our house

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

Our prayers go out to the family.

It has been a bad yearin this area of NC. I believe there has been at least 4 or 5 riders that have lost their lives on the roads around here. We have had to turn our scanner off more than oncebecause of hearing about so many bike wrecks. One weekend we heard them call for the helicopter 6 times. One timethey cancelled in route due to the rider not making it.

Again, our deepest sympathy

Charlie and Cyn

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

We had friends on the Dragon visiting from Mass. at the time this accident happened. When we heard someone had lost their life on the Dragon we were worried about our friends until we were able to get in touch with them. I understand the lady was 59 years old. Not much has been released as to what caused the accident. My first thought when someone runs out of a curve is they entered the curve too fast. Our prayers will be with the family and for all those that ride "The Dragon".

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Prayers coming from Missouri...

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Reported on July 8th:
"The second death on the Dragon occurred on Tuesday July 7. A 49 year old woman HD rider from Texas suffered fatal injuries in a crash at mile marker 5."

Our prayers to her & solemn wishes to the family.

"May she ride forever, in sunny skies and above allthe rain".

"Carosel Corner" is at marker 4.9. It's also the area where many Dragon photos are taken.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Prayers to the family

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

Man.... I don't mean to sound cold,
but it sure seems like "The Dragon" is a mecca for people that shouldn't be riding a motorcycle. It's like every week during the summer, I read a thread like this somewhere.

I have never been there, but if this is the type of riders that this road attracts, I think I'll pass.

RIP to the woman who died.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Alot of people driving cars on the Dragon shouldn't be on the road. Ever checkout killboy.com ? They lamb baste every cager caught over the line and then some riders too. I'm heading over on the 15th and 16th to Tellico to camp and ride The Dragon that weekend,hope I don't have any problems.

Almost all the people you meet there are great fellow riders with the same thing in mind. Ride safe, respect your fellow rider and have fun so you can come back another day.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

I ride the mountain curves all the time but not the Dragon to much of the good stuff. A lot of people do it for the bragging rights.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear and prayers for the family. She lost her life on my birthday. I heard once a young man was riding the Dragon on his birthday and got killed.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

oldtoys1961 wrote:
Alot of people driving cars on the Dragon shouldn't be on the road. Ever checkout killboy.com ? They lamb baste every cager caught over the line and then some riders too. I'm heading over on the 15th and 16th to Tellico to camp and ride The Dragon that weekend,hope I don't have any problems.

Almost all the people you meet there are great fellow riders with the same thing in mind. Ride safe, respect your fellow rider and have fun so you can come back another day.
Best not to run the Dragon on the weekend. Its a real zoo. Run it on a Thursday afternoon. Run it at reasonable speeds and stay alive.

Peace and fair winds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.