Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing all the coolant and drained it, all went out, but when I saw where you pour in the coolant the level of the coolant was the same, wtf?? So now I don’t know what to do because I cannot pour more coolant because it’s full until the cap and is not draining anything anymore in the down part where I took the bolt out, any suggestion or help?? Thanks a lot!! Ps. Sorry I just received my moto yesterday and i am doing the complete service to it, so I’m new to this, thank you very much.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
513 Posts
You're probably looking in the overflow tank - remove that coolant with a turkey baster or siphon of your choice. Coolant is added through the radiator cap, located under the right cubby pocket.

Are you following the Service Manual, Section 6 IIRC?

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
It would be a great help to know what year Goldwing you have. They vary as to where you add the coolant. If you didn't remove the radiator cap and there is still coolant in the recovery tank there is a leak somewhere between it and the radiator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you very much! It definitely can be what you are saying because the cap is a plastic cap not like a radiator steel cap, the thing is I can’t find it, in a lot of motos I’ve seen it is at the right side of the handle, but mine isn’t, the overflow cap is on the left side of the handle, also, I don’t have the manual, where can I download it? It is a gl1500-1988, thank you Dave!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found it guys!! Thank you VERY much, you helped me a lot with the different point of views, if someone knows where I can find the manual it would be a great help, and thank you very much!! Have a great day!

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
I found it guys!! Thank you VERY much, you helped me a lot with the different point of views, if someone knows where I can find the manual it would be a great help, and thank you very much!! Have a great day!
I have almost every manual for goldwings, except the 88-90.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
I don’t have the manual, where can I download it? It is a gl1500-1988, thank you Dave!
from HELM, they say it is 'out of stock' but you can click to get on when it is available again.

if you strike fast, you can get the OEM here HONDA OEM GL 1500 '1988 SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL 2831246 | eBay

and the matching OEM Electrical manual here HONDA OEM '88 GL1500 ELECTRICAL TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL 61MN500-AHETM | eBay

I advise you to jump on these now, they disappear fast quickly, instantly, gone gone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts