Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My battery will drain if I install the 5 amp fuse for the memory. This fuse is for the lights on the radio, CB and memory for both. It also runs the tape player. With the key removed and the fuse installed the backlight for the CB and the lights on the radio are all iluminated. Has anyone encountered this problem?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

I know a guy in the UK that had this problem on a 92 or 93 SE (USA model). It turned out to be a fault in the ignition switch.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I thought about that but I thought that the problem existed after the switch. I'll look in my service manual after work.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

It might be worth running a meter across the ignition switch anyway as almost everything on the US bikes runs through the switch anyway. I'll have a look at my wiring diagram later andd see what else might need looking at. It's not a common issue that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I removed ALL the relays and fuses one by one to no affect. I switched them alland had no affect. I then removed them all at once, put them back in and voila! The issue is gone. Been holding memory for about a month and a half now. Thanks for your help.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you might have had a stuck relay. If the problem comes back again try pulling them one at a time. Tapping on them often does the job too!

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.