Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pressure washer quit working. Worked great Thursday morning. Friday I took it down to my sons house to wash the deck and it wouldn't pump. Took it apart this morning and everything looked fine, put it back together and it still won't put out any pressure. Just put a new pump on it 2 years ago. :frown2:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Did you notice the bottom line in their price box? Looks like a bait and switch to me. The low price gets you there but oh! we don't have that one but while you are here let me tell you about.....................................

Qty Not available in the current price set.

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
My pressure washer quit working. Worked great Thursday morning. Friday I took it down to my sons house to wash the deck and it wouldn't pump. Took it apart this morning and everything looked fine, put it back together and it still won't put out any pressure. Just put a new pump on it 2 years ago. :frown2:
I have a 2800 psi pressure with a Honda Engine, got it 3 years ago as a non working unit and fixed it by following a you tube video and freeing up a spring loaded valve where the pressure hose connected to the pump.

See if this link works

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2800 psi pressure with a Honda Engine, got it 3 years ago as a non working unit and fixed it by following a you tube video and freeing up a spring loaded valve where the pressure hose connected to the pump.
That is almost exactly the same one I have, different color. I did have that valve out and the pin in it was not stuck.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,256 Posts
Do you always leave it pressured up when you store it?

I was told do that.
So far has worked for me.

Have keep it from freezing though.

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you always leave it pressured up when you store it?

I was told do that.
So far has worked for me.

Have keep it from freezing though.
Do you mean to not let the pressure off the hose after shutting it off? Don't see where that would matter & it's not going to hold forever anyway.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Many of these pressure washers use a cam to run the pistons, the only thing that keeps the pistons against the cam is water pressure, either created by the backpressure of the pumped water or the supply pressure from the garden hose. If the pump is spun without water supply pressure the pistons will hang up in their bores. You need to purge all air from pump through open nozzle, once it quits spitting air then close the gun. Let the trigger slam shut several times , this shock will drive the pistons back to the cam lobes.
Also make sure that any soap injector system is blocked off, they are a source of air draw if not working right.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,256 Posts
Do you mean to not let the pressure off the hose after shutting it off? Don't see where that would matter & it's not going to hold forever anyway.

???

Mine spits water out after being stored all winter, not much, but it squirts a few inches.

I never drain it, just leave it full of water, Jobe05 uses many of them everyday and told me to not drain it.
works like a champ.

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many of these pressure washers use a cam to run the pistons, the only thing that keeps the pistons against the cam is water pressure, either created by the backpressure of the pumped water or the supply pressure from the garden hose. If the pump is spun without water supply pressure the pistons will hang up in their bores. You need to purge all air from pump through open nozzle, once it quits spitting air then close the gun. Let the trigger slam shut several times , this shock will drive the pistons back to the cam lobes.
Also make sure that any soap injector system is blocked off, they are a source of air draw if not working right.
I can turn the pump manually and hear the pistons and check valves working.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Just a thought, but I'm pretty sure you probably already checked for a clogged nozzle or hose or a worn out nozzle. Sometimes we overlook the easy stuff. With the garden hose hooked up just pull the trigger with the pump off to make sure water flows through.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts