Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

They say a fool and his money are easy parted so I have attached a photo of my naked 1800 which I have dressed recently. The cost of the outfit fully dressed was astounding and my bank manager is still recovering from the shock but I think it was worth the effort. I couldn't believe that no-one had bought the number J800 WNG which was on the DVLA site for over 18 months and only cost £350. I hope the attachment works as this is my first effort at reducing the size of photos? :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

:)hi littlelohn great looking bike if you want to see the other end of the scale take a look at my recently restored GL1000 (1975).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

The cost of bits & pieces for the Goldwing doesn't be long mounting up Littlejohn, yours is looking very tasty.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Chris each bike owner has their own idea of beauty and you sent me a photo of your bike last week. It looksterrific and a credit to it's proud owner.Our photos must have shut down the section of the site for attachments as I see it has disappeared.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Try this out for size. Steve supplied me with the rear spoiler he didn't need and it just carried on from there. :)

Attachments

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

That's one nice 1800 littlejohn, must have set you back more than a few dollars! I think Chris's Wing must have been a labour of love as well, must have taken him ages to get it to it's present condition.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Unfortunately Ben it never ends. I took delivery on Tuesday of a rack for the top of the trailer from California Sidecars. They will not supply them with the trailer new due to owners overloading them and cracking lids which caused warranty problems. If you want one you buy it seperate and fit it yourself.Unfortunately they made an error on the customs invoice and put $650 on it instead of the correct $150 and I got hit for a £60 bill at the door. They are still trying to sort it out at this time. I had to buy the rack for the wife's double duvet, four pillows etc etc. She likes to camp in comfort??? The heated Corbin Seat is amazing, especially at 03:00 in the morning. Only down side is that some of the accessories have added quite a bit of weight to the bike. It is quite heavy getting off and on the centre stand. :cool:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Hi Ben the restoration took almost 6 months but i had to wait 3 months to get all the bits together take a look at the before photo!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Last posey photo.- I promise but it's the only photo I have had taken whilst actually riding the bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi if you fancy a run down as far as Carlingford lough on sunday we will be ther around 12.30 ,,and we can have a good look at your baby ,,Cheers Ciaran

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.