Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
I have and it works great... I will post pictures as soon as I can.. Cost me $0.50 :cooldevil:
But you have to scrape the turds out of it first and then wash it. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

Bashful wrote:
Have any of you found a drink holder that works on a 1500? :stumped:
Its called a wife (passenger)..... size and cost vary with model :cheeky1::cheeky1:

My model comes with back massage feature. :weightlifter::weightlifter:and a mute button.:dude:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I may be able to post this pic

Simple holder that works well , Discarded cell phone mounts (better quality than any others I have found ) Check any cell store should have plenty

Drink cup holder from wally world bike dept 4.95

mounted with stainless bolt through master cyl top and sealed with nylon washer.year now with no problems.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

second pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

HERE is with the cup

HERE is with out the cup..

I just got a cup holder from the gas station.. mounted it to the screw that holds the wind wing on:cool:

Works perfect:weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

Back in '80 my dad took a Thermos (with an enlargedlether handle) drilled a hole in one of the lids and affixed a long1/2 inch diametersiphoning hose into it. Drink stays cold or hot for a long time. She just pokes the straw up towards my mouth when I ask for it. Worked pretty good.:cooler::alco:

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
imported post

I built one for my 1100, but the principle is the same. Get one of the cheap plastic cup holders that are supposed to hang on a car window. Cut off the window hook and affix a swivel mount for a cellphone. I used a small screw to keep in on . Attach the other side of the swivel mount to the bike with a couple of small screws. I put mine on the lower left fairing.

You now have an easily removable drink holder. The heat from the engine tends to warm the drink rather quickly, but if you use foam cups, that is not a problem.

Mount for swivel clip

Holder with no cup

Holder with 32 oz fast food cup.

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
HERE is with the cup

HERE is with out the cup..

I just got a cup holder from the gas station.. mounted it to the screw that holds the wind wing on:cool:

Works perfect:weightlifter:
Good looking cupholder:goofygrin:

I did the same thing myself except I heated the holder and bent it to go into the pocket. Have it attached with velcro. My CB is under the holder and I don't have any problems with it pushing the Channel 9 button or any other switch. Just can't see the channel I am on but I usually leave it on 19 anyway.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
imported post

Another pic with the cup in it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.