Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Lookin for a cup holder for the passenger. I've done some shopping, but so far nothing seems to catch my eye. I want it to look good plus function properly...keep cold, cold and hot, hot. Suggestions???

Thanks,

dw

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Donny,

I put armrests on for theboss & then she wanted an insulated drink holder.

I got her the 32 oz "Butler Mug" & attached it to the armrest.

Also, I put one on the front left handlebar.

She likes being able to swivel it & use the straw without having to lift it out of the holder.

The "Butler" brand is a bit pricey, but it seems to be the best, for me. The 32 oz is way better than the 20 oz, since they tend to spit some if too full.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks. The boss won't let me put arm rests on. She's a bit afraid of enclosed spaces (forgot what you call that) and she feels kinda trapped with arm rests.

I know the butler cups are great for insulation, but the large ones just look gaudy to me. I may have to just suck it up and put one on for her. They make a mount for a wing w/o armrests...may have to go that direction.

dw

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

Post a pic when you're done - inquiring minds want to see ;)

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi don you could fit this one from cyclemax to the rear pockets under the speakers with a couple of cable ties and get a heated coffee mug just plugs ito a cig lighter wont cost you more than $25 i have one fitted under the air controls on my 1500 and it just folds up when not in use

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

agnogel wrote:
hi don you could fit this one from cyclemax to the rear pockets under the speakers with a couple of cable ties and get a heated coffee mug just plugs ito a cig lighter wont cost you more than $25 i have one fitted under the air controls on my 1500 and it just folds up when not in use
Clever. I'll have to check into that.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,907 Posts
imported post

They make that same holderspecifically for the passanger. Mounts to the hand grip andattaches with a u-bolt. That's the only reason I purchased that one. No drilling, no wire ties and no arm rests needed..

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

DeDubya wrote:
Thanks. The boss won't let me put arm rests on. She's a bit afraid of enclosed spaces (forgot what you call that) and she feels kinda trapped with arm rests.

I know the butler cups are great for insulation, but the large ones just look gaudy to me. I may have to just suck it up and put one on for her. They make a mount for a wing w/o armrests...may have to go that direction.

dw
Saw one mounted to the passenger handhold...looked neat

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

That one from Cyclemax is popular & cost way less than the $60. Butler usually tries to get for the 20 or 32 oz, same price. You can also use your own insulated cup/mug.

Here is a pic of both of mine mounted...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Thanks guys for the info...keep 'em coming.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

My 83 aspencade come with 2, and I could have built mine easier, and probably better. This is a poor mans cup holder I thought of. 1. Open a can of larger than normal Can Veg's. Use the ring, and mount the ring with some C clamps that tightrn as U screw them in. Then, get you an oversized insulated drink holder at Wally Would, enough to hide the Veg Ring, r trim it down. Should work well. LOL
Craizest idea I ever thought of. Original Though.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

I just ordered a Leather Kustom Kaddy (Item 600) the other day. Looks to be well built but only time will tell. Looks like they only make "driver" systems but we can always "modify" something to work anywhere, can't we?
http://www.kruzerkaddy.net/store.html

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

agnogel wrote:
My wife doesn't want armrests either. We had a drink holder like the one shown above on our 05. However, every time you opened the trunk the drink would spill unless you remembered to remove it. We also lost a couple of insulated cups out of the drink holder while riding.

On the new bike we have a Butler cup. It's spendy but it works great.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

aht_six wrote:
agnogel wrote:
My wife doesn't want armrests either. We had a drink holder like the one shown above on our 05. However, every time you opened the trunk the drink would spill unless you remembered to remove it. We also lost a couple of insulated cups out of the drink holder while riding.

On the new bike we have a Butler cup. It's spendy but it works great.
I saw that one while shopping and it looks like the most practical. We'll see...

Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.