Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Lookin for a cup holder for the passenger. I've done some shopping, but so far nothing seems to catch my eye. I want it to look good plus function properly...keep cold, cold and hot, hot. Suggestions???

Thanks,

dw

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Donny,

I put armrests on for theboss & then she wanted an insulated drink holder.

I got her the 32 oz "Butler Mug" & attached it to the armrest.

Also, I put one on the front left handlebar.

She likes being able to swivel it & use the straw without having to lift it out of the holder.

The "Butler" brand is a bit pricey, but it seems to be the best, for me. The 32 oz is way better than the 20 oz, since they tend to spit some if too full.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks. The boss won't let me put arm rests on. She's a bit afraid of enclosed spaces (forgot what you call that) and she feels kinda trapped with arm rests.

I know the butler cups are great for insulation, but the large ones just look gaudy to me. I may have to just suck it up and put one on for her. They make a mount for a wing w/o armrests...may have to go that direction.

dw

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

Post a pic when you're done - inquiring minds want to see ;)

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi don you could fit this one from cyclemax to the rear pockets under the speakers with a couple of cable ties and get a heated coffee mug just plugs ito a cig lighter wont cost you more than $25 i have one fitted under the air controls on my 1500 and it just folds up when not in use

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

agnogel wrote:
hi don you could fit this one from cyclemax to the rear pockets under the speakers with a couple of cable ties and get a heated coffee mug just plugs ito a cig lighter wont cost you more than $25 i have one fitted under the air controls on my 1500 and it just folds up when not in use
Clever. I'll have to check into that.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
imported post

They make that same holderspecifically for the passanger. Mounts to the hand grip andattaches with a u-bolt. That's the only reason I purchased that one. No drilling, no wire ties and no arm rests needed..

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

DeDubya wrote:
Thanks. The boss won't let me put arm rests on. She's a bit afraid of enclosed spaces (forgot what you call that) and she feels kinda trapped with arm rests.

I know the butler cups are great for insulation, but the large ones just look gaudy to me. I may have to just suck it up and put one on for her. They make a mount for a wing w/o armrests...may have to go that direction.

dw
Saw one mounted to the passenger handhold...looked neat

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

That one from Cyclemax is popular & cost way less than the $60. Butler usually tries to get for the 20 or 32 oz, same price. You can also use your own insulated cup/mug.

Here is a pic of both of mine mounted...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks guys for the info...keep 'em coming.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

My 83 aspencade come with 2, and I could have built mine easier, and probably better. This is a poor mans cup holder I thought of. 1. Open a can of larger than normal Can Veg's. Use the ring, and mount the ring with some C clamps that tightrn as U screw them in. Then, get you an oversized insulated drink holder at Wally Would, enough to hide the Veg Ring, r trim it down. Should work well. LOL
Craizest idea I ever thought of. Original Though.
Nightrider1

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

agnogel wrote:
My wife doesn't want armrests either. We had a drink holder like the one shown above on our 05. However, every time you opened the trunk the drink would spill unless you remembered to remove it. We also lost a couple of insulated cups out of the drink holder while riding.

On the new bike we have a Butler cup. It's spendy but it works great.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

aht_six wrote:
agnogel wrote:
My wife doesn't want armrests either. We had a drink holder like the one shown above on our 05. However, every time you opened the trunk the drink would spill unless you remembered to remove it. We also lost a couple of insulated cups out of the drink holder while riding.

On the new bike we have a Butler cup. It's spendy but it works great.
I saw that one while shopping and it looks like the most practical. We'll see...

Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.