Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Guys,

can anyone who has experience with a driveoff stand give me any feed back on the pros and cons. It looks like a nice way to deal with the effort and difficulty of getting these behemoths on and off the center stands.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi Ted,

I had one on my 1500 and liked it very much. It makes getting the 1500 and 1800's onto the stand, very easy.

Only downside I found, was that turning the wheels manually for cleaning was not really an option, since the tyres are actually touching the ground.

If anyone is strugging to get the bike on and off the stand I would recommend one.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

The answer to wheel cleaning is not difficult, just put a piece of 3/4" plywood under the stand before putting it on the stand, I don't know if 3/4" is enough, but you get the idea.

Some of the ride off stands come with slip on feet for exactly this purpose

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
The answer to wheel cleaning is not difficult, just put a piece of 3/4" plywood under the stand before putting it on the stand, I don't know if 3/4" is enough, but you get the idea.

Some of the ride off stands come with slip on feet for exactly this purpose
I actually found getting something under the stand particularly difficult, since the stand will not opperate in the intended way using the gears and to lift her onto the stand in the traditional wayis most difficult. I jsut used to move the bike a bit and then clean each area of wheel a bit at a time.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Guys, I think I'll look into getting one. Is it any less stable on the stand? I mean do you have to watch out for it tipping to easily with so little difference between on and off the stand?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Equally stable I would say Ted. I certainly had no problems with mine. :)

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks Pete! Just ordered one. Stayed with the black. Reviewers gave the chrome a bad mark. I'm excited about the possibilities of better handling that center stand issue. What the heck!!

Ted

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

tedgrandfield wrote:
Thanks Pete! Just ordered one. Stayed with the black. Reviewers gave the chrome a bad mark. I'm excited about the possibilities of better handling that center stand issue. What the heck!!

Ted
I am sure you will enjoy the ease with which you can use it Ted, I found the paint wasn't too brilliant on the feet area of the stand and occassionally had to give it a blow over with some matt black spray paint. I found that high temp engine spray worked well and looked much the same. Can be bought in virtually any auto store and no doubt in Walmart, since they sell just about anything it seems!!!!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.