Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just bought my first "wing" '03 model which I love. It came with the driver backrest and my legs are too long to use it comfortably. I assume to remove it I just have to remove the seat and take everything apart. Are there any magic parts, bushings, etc that may have been removed when it was initially installed? Or do I just take everything apart?

There is the issue of a hole but perhaps I can use black silicone on that...any ideas??

thanks, Don

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Is this a Utopia backrest we ar we are talking about? If so you can just remove the saddle, turn it upside down and remove the two 11mm head bolts that hold the backrest bar in place. Then just slide the whole backrest out.

BTW, have you tried adjusting the backrest first? There is a bolt with a locking nut under the pouch. Try adjusting it backwards first and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, I will examine it more carefully this weekend....that would be great if I could slide it back a few inches...

More later and thanks, Don

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Hi Don. The Utopia should adjust back enough for most riders. Shame to have to take it off unless as a last resort.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

w4jve wrote:
Thanks, I will examine it more carefully this weekend....that would be great if I could slide it back a few inches...
Hi w4jve, :waving:Dont take off the backrest. :crying:Every :18red:ridersfirst wish is to have the Utopia Backrest fitted. :clapper:This is the cure for your big long legs, http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=3242&str=4&id670977731 price $166.95. :leprechaun:The same items can be seen at http://www.wingtoys.com/ just click on Kuryakyn and view the different models and a bit cheaper than hondadirectline. :grinner:

:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

I have long legs also. 34" iner leg and 6' 4" tall. My backrest also need adjusting more than one time before the position I was happy with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.