Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Thanks to all you guys that helped with the spline issue. Got it done and itwas too much frettin over nothin. Was as easy as you said it would be. The only thing thing that did'nt work out was getting the new boot on. The u joint came back off the splines about 3/8 in. before the swingarm tube stopped it. I was spooked to try to get the new one on with no more space than that so I left the old one on. Looked like my patch job with the black silicone was holding up well anyhow. Tempted to throw the Clymer away as you guys are more helpful than it is! Thanks! Brian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,524 Posts
imported post

Brian, that is great to hear. :clapper:But you should have gone for the new one, you always had your old one if it didn't work :DDon't you dare thow that manual away:dude:. You should post this to your original post as well. That way when someone is looking posts for similar problems they see the result as well. Just helps everyone. :clapper:

What kind of grease did you end up using - the Moly 60 I was changing the oil in my truck and said Mobil oops.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I was afaid I would tear up the old boot getting it off and the new one getting it on. 3/8in just did'nt seem like enough room at the time. If it is I would be happy to know for next time. Ended up ordering Honda Moly 60. Belray has a 40% that I started to use because a friend had some but I got anal and spent $15 for the Honda stuff. Ain't heard of the Mobil 60. Figured I would do the wrong thing with the post but I had a couple of PMs and my typing skills suck & hav'nt quiet got the hang of this forum thang yet. Thanks to everyone that helped!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top