Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm looking for a driving light bracket to fit on the fairing using the 2 threaded holes just below the headlight on my '99 GL1500 SE. I already have the lights. I also have a bracket that fits but it hangs the lights too wide for my taste (the lights end up under the mirrors). I'd like something that keeps the lights in closer to the fairing/forks like shown in the photo below.

I don't want to spend $100+ on the kit just to get the bracket. Anyone know where I might a similar bracket?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks for the info but that's what I've got now. It sets the lights too wide for me. They end up hanging out in the open pretty much under the mirrors. I want to get them in closer to the fairing. I'd make something if I had any metal working skills or tools.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Maybe just some simple ' L ' brackets will do the trick. Not chrome, but they are cheap and will mount the lights in closer to your bike. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Tried 'L' brackets but didn't have great success. However, I may have to do some more experimenting. Something to do this afternoon and an excuse for a ride to the hardware store.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
imported post

You want your lights to look like this?

All you need is maybe a longer bolt for the light and some 3/8" tubing ( I used Stainless steel, thanks to my job). I thinkthe tubing is 1 1/2" long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.