Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The two lights down low on the fairing which used to be onwhenever I had my high beams on now do not come on at all. Everything else works so I do not believe it is a fuse. Also do not believe it is bulbs as th ey both quit at the same time. Any ideas of whaat to check? They really lit up the sides of the road and the ditches, which really helped me watch for deer. I ride 26 miles to work in the morning befoore sunup.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

Are you referring to the two lights that are mounted even with the front fender (where the old 1500's had cornering lights?) On my 1800 there is a switch and a relay that activates them. If you don't believe that a fuse is at fault, check for a relay. Also, if you don't believe that the bulbs are out, then you could use a volt meter to verify your suspicions at the bulb socket. The only other possiblity I can think of is you have lost the ground to the light sockets.

Good luck!

Daveo

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Sorry should have specified this is a 92 1500.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Well, those are normally cornering lights, not driving lights, although they can be converted to such, as it sounds in your case. They normally come on when you have the turn signal on. But in the converted to driving light mode, they are on whenever the key is on. If both are out, I would suspect that maybe you do have a blown fuse, but if that is not the case, either a bad ground as suggested, or the wire bridging across where the relays used to be have come loose. In this case, you would have to remove the lowers to check. I personally like regular driving lights, and just kept the cornering lights stock.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
imported post

Sounds like they have been converted to work off the high beam switch. You can troubleshoot this circuit by removing the lower cover and and checking for voltage with the light switch in the high beam position. If no voltage is present, then try running a jumper wire from a clean 12vdc power source to the lights. If the lights come on while connected to this power source, then there is a control power issue.

If that's the case you'll need to trace the wires from the lights to see if a in-line fuse was put into this curcuit.

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
imported post

I'd take the easy path and check the bulbs first.. Along shot but they could have gone together..........

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
imported post

Definitelycheck the bulbs. Both of them went out on my99' GL1500SE this summer at the same time. On the 98',99', and00', the light are actually driving lights. This changewas made by Honda for those years of 1500 only. On the 92', they should be cornering lights unless someone has converted them. Good luck.

Cobra

:15grey:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.