Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So I have an odd question about driving lights. I have some aftermarket driving lights and i'm not exactly sure where they should be pointing (other than the obvious 'forward').

So if i'm in the center of the lane, they kind of point to the left and right road lines. They also don't quite lineup with the height where the headlights position is.

Does anybody have a preferred position of the lighting? i'd like to see, but i also dont want to piss off the oncoming drivers either.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

on my aspy, I have them on the front of lower part of the engine guard, I'm told she looks a bit like an a truck on the road. lol.

I was looking at creating a sort of circle of light, starting with the normal headlights and then through 2 smaller white leds on the top of the engine guards, though to the driving lights at the bottom.

she sure lights up, and i have no trouble with not being seen. (touch wood)

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Pint the left light straight ahead to light up the road just ahead of the headlight on low beam, then point the right light slightly to the right of you in order to light up the white line on the edge of the road and the curb as far ahead as it will go. Just make sure that they are not up into the faces of oncoming drivers.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

I use mine to expand what the low beam shows me, so mine are pointing to the shoulders of the road at about the same position (if not a hair higher than) as the low beam. This lets me see those forest varmits (deer) at night.

·
everyday member
514 Posts
imported post

+1 on the shoulders. I live in major deer country and it's nice to have the extra light on the shoulders when I do have to ride when it's dark.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

yaya on the shoulders. In mich we have suicidal deer that always want to involve you in their mission. mine point at the sides of the road so I have a wider view of them coming out of the woods. If you have them pointed where they do the most good, then you should have a toggleswitch on the bars and be able to shut them off when you have to to avoid blinding oncoming traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.