Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 08 GL1800 comfort/Navi/ABS and I want to install driving lights! I have been doing some research and have found LED driving light kit from Add On for $200, Show Chrome and Kuyakin for $350 to Hondaline for $450. All come with "OEM" switches and connectors and they all boast about their brightness. I would like driving lights to help cages see me during the day and help with seeing the road and critters at night! I am really interested in anyones opinions, observations and or comments!

Thank you,

Ride safe and keep the shiny side up!

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

I run a pair I got for something near $20 at wally world. they are halogen 55 watts each and throw a nice wide beam to light up the sides of the road. I personally find them quite adequate.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I run a pair I got for something near $20 at wally world. they are halogen 55 watts each and throw a nice wide beam to light up the sides of the road. I personally find them quite adequate.

Doug-do you remember the brand/model? what about the switch or did you install a seperate relay from the ignition?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

led driving lights wont throw light that is usable to you as a rider unless you pay big bucks.

I have a set of cheapo deluxes on mine, and they work well at night as "to be seen" lights.

I would want to see at least 10 watts per side for leds before I would expect them to help me see...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank you!

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

I don't remember the brand name on them, it was a dark colored box. They are small rectangular ones. They have their own wiring harness that is currently being used. I have a plan to make them activate by a relay that will operate with the high beam. I am also planning to check and see if I can set up the cornering lights on my SE to come on with the low beams. That way I will always have plenty of light out ftont without worrying about blinding the oncoming traffic if it is after dark.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

Timely topic, I would like to add driving lights on my 1200... question is what are the pros / cons of fork mounted vs fairing or framemouted lights... I need to see the critters !!!!!:action:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.