Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My neighbor has a 93 1500 that went belly up last night in the soft grass and sand... It when down easy, but went all the way over on it's side... We sat it up within 2 minutes and this morning it won't start... Lights all work but starter won't make a sound... Isn't there some kind of safety switch that must be reset???

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Make sure you upright the bike, which I am sure you have already. Turn off the switch for a couple of minutes. Cycle the kill switch off and on a couple of times. Turn the switch back on and try to start. If it still won't start sounds like your bank angle sensor just went bad. I think there was a recall on those a while back.

The Bank Angle Sensor's function is to shut the bike off if it lays over like that.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

The bank angle sensor kills the dash idiotlights as well, so it's easy to tell if that's the problem. Pull the saddle and you will see the sensor on the right side rear of the saddle (just inner side of the saddlebag). Give it a few taps and see if that resets it.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Mercury switch!!! We found it... Thanks all... It's running...

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

Well Well problem solved and no advise from any GURU'S . Take heart Redwing you don't have to be a guru around here to be usefull.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

You should really replace the tilt switch if the mercury is drying up. The test is to take it out and shake it. If you can hear a rattle then it's dried out and needs to be replaced. If the rattle is very muffled then it's fine.

One up for the non-gurus who got in with the solution first! :p

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

teddyeti wrote:
Mercury switch!!! We found it... Thanks all... It's running...
I'd take that as a warning sign and get a new angle sensor. You might be lucky and your dealer may be able to get it for you free as it's a safety item, even though the recall was way back in 1996. Either way you don't want the electrics to die when you ride over a bump on the road.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
I'd take that as a warning sign and get a new angle sensor. You might be lucky and your dealer may be able to get it for you free as it's a safety item, even though the recall was way back in 1996. Either way you don't want the electrics to die when you ride over a bump on the road.
You see what I mean chief43 and Eamonn1200the "Guru" will always have the last word. :whip: They even write like barristers/solicitors. :skipping:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.