Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well I went and did it, I was doing figure 8's in parking lot and drop my GL1100. Used the Palladino way to lift bike back up, got back on and finished my figure 8's. thanks

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the club!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

I quit counting how many times mine took a rest break on me. Now have a new fairing to put on her this winter, old one still hanging on for now.

Also fixing to add a sidecar so she won't have the tendency to have the droppies anymore. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

My most notable and public droppsie.

Those guys below are the official NASSIR1 Droppsie Recovery Team!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the club, many of us have done it, and several will admit it.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
imported post

woodbutcher wrote:
Welcome to the club, many of us have done it, and several will admit it.
Several times, and all very public. I'm just glad they were all low speed parking lot maneuvers.

Backing over rounded curbs seem to be my weak spot. The bike always wants to seem to tilt over right when my feet are furthest from the ground. Especially two-up.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

Yep I've done it a couple of times one time out in front of the house practicing U-turns the other time I was unloading a parts bike I had just bought no brakes going down a ramp I found out I can't ride going backwards.:action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
imported post

Yea ... we pretty much all been there orwill get there one day... miss judged entry to my garage recently with my wife on back, slid it downon crash gards IN MY OWN GARAGE.

Embarassing to say the least

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Welcome to the club!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

I quit counting how many times mine took a rest break on me. Now have a new fairing to put on her this winter, old one still hanging on for now.

Also fixing to add a sidecar so she won't have the tendency to have the droppies anymore. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

My most notable and public droppsie.

Those guys below are the official NASSIR1 Droppsie Recovery Team!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

:waving:first off--let me wellcome you to the club !

:cheeky1:theres enough beef there to open a micky ds ! but it did come up--like a cork on a pond.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

Biker John wrote:
Did your bank angle sensor work? :D
1100 doesnt have a sensor-- you got to shut it of with a key.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Never happened to me........about 4 times.....;)

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
imported post

First offglad you did not get hurt. Second, only twotypes ofpeople own Goldwings, those that have dropped them and those that will.:dude:

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

wda-83wing wrote:
Biker John wrote:
Did your bank angle sensor work? :D
1100 doesnt have a sensor-- you got to shut it of with a key.
I didn't know that. :baffled: Well I guess you learn something new everyday.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,505 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:

My most memoriable photo snap of the whole Calhoun event. :cooldevil:

I didn't think you would admit that one happened .........

Ah yes, glad no cameras were around when I dropped mine in the garage. Rolled right in, took my gloves off, stepped off of it...........clunk!!!

Memories :action:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I had to admit it so you couldn't blackmail me!!!

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

no fun but it happens to often. Went down a road in Virginia this month that the GPS claimed to be a good road. It progressively turned worse and then more so. Ended up on a dirt bike trail that my son said he wouldn't take his dirt bike on. The wing as a handful on that one. dropped it 3 times before we got have that "road" Chocked it up to a memory we couldn't replace and decided to never trust the gps without a map backup LOL

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

I've never dropped my Valk. (Of course, I've only had it a week!)

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Have not dropped mine in three years now :cheeky1:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.