Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been taking Zetia for over 10 years now, cholesterol med it was changed to a generic in Dec of 16 at that time copay was 15, for 30 days ok. Last refill was for 90 days 30 dollars ok, Went to refill again it went to 180 for 90 days.
Called the doc said that is to much his reply was call your insurance and see whats cheapest and I'll put you on that.
So I feel it is becoming all a game to get the insurance to pay.
My wife is retiring June 9 after 40 years of being a RN birthin babies. YES finally
So now it is on the hunt for a part D plan this ought to be good.

·
Administrator
24,378 Posts
The copay on my meds has gone up too along with the insurance premiums doubling. Thanks to you know who.

·
Administrator
24,378 Posts
just wait till nobody has insurance~
Ain't gonna happen but maybe if it did the medical system would have to quit gouging prices.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After spending way to much time on finding a alternative and reading some on line posts about any drug that goes generic. It seems to be that some drugs that have gone that route are still priced at close to the name ones are because they can. The insurance will pay it.
One odd quote from my doctor when I had my last physical (covered) I said I'm retiring, oh so next year you'll get the medicare one? HUH He is a great doc but wants to many tests which so far I've said no too.
It does help my wife was an RN for 45 years and know what I need (you can take that literally) :laugh: and which one to skip.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,230 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I noticed some going up as well, but between my two coverages Im usually never over a 5.00 copay. Most are free. The expensive ones I order a 3 month supply via VA and then use my secondary for it so there free. Its all a damn game, and they have us over a barrel you just have to play the game and hope you win I guess!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.