Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I finally got around to tearing into my '01 1800 to change the air filter. Not too bad really got the old K&N out and put in a new OEM filter in. Hooked up all the connectors I'd had to unhook, put the ECU and cruise control back on top of the air box, put the top cover back on, replaced the panel cover and the side strips and the two cubby boxes and all was well, until I turned on the radio. With the AM radio on my usual station I got no sound other than static. #[email protected]#RVE#R#$~!!! I must have forgotten to put the antenna plug back into the radio. More words that no one should hear, but take the bull by the horns and take the meter panel and top cover back off. Once I got the top cover loose enough to see the antenna socket what to I see but the antenna IS plugged in! What's with this? I check the radio and it works on FM okay but just static on AM. I look a little closer at the LCD and finally it dawns on me, the radio isn't tuned to 880kHz but 800kHz! I should clean my glasses or get my head examined, maybe both. I can't believe I went through all that effort for nothing. Oh well I'm pretty fast removing and replacingan 1800 top cover now.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

Been there, done that! :hoppingmad:

Many years ago I ran into my old third grade teacher at a wedding. She told us a story about helping my younger brother get his galoshes on over his shoes. They were a very tight fit and she struggled for some time but finally succeeded. About that time, he announced that they were not his boots.

She fought and fought and finally got them off of his shoes, then asked Dave whose boots they were. "My brother's, but Mom makes me wear them anyway!"

And that's the truth, as far as you know. :badgrin:

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
imported post

Getting old is better than the alternative.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry Paul, but thanks for the chuckle and for making me feel a little better about my own blunders. :cheesygrin:

John

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Blame it on the fastest color - you were looking at it to fast! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

I am not laughing at you, only with you.

Mike that is one funny story

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

jnel57 wrote:
I am not laughing at you, only with you.

Mike that is one funny story
Yup, been there a time or 2. Or was it 3? :cheesygrin: Figure out that 3 wire plug?

And, no additional parts in the "Honda hole" ??? :lash:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Again & Again & Again & Again!:D:D:D

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Yup, been there a time or 2. Or was it 3? :cheesygrin: Figure out that 3 wire plug?

And, no additional parts in the "Honda hole" ??? :lash:
Nope, have no idea what that white three wire connector under the left cubby is for. Everything is working fine now even the running lights. I didn't know they only came on when the headlights were on low beam... someday I'm going to have to read the owner's manual.:readit:

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

Maybe you had the wrong bike.

I put a new headgasket in the silver Dodge Aries in thelot. It was the wrong Aries.......but it was silver!

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

AM radio thought I was the only one that still tunes in there. Well there's 2 listeners anyway hope thats not a sign of getting old.:shock::cool:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

desert wings wrote:
AM radio thought I was the only one that still tunes in there. Well there's 2 listeners anyway hope thats not a sign of getting old.:shock::cool:
THREE!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

desert wings wrote:
Only for ball games!

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

My pick-up actually had AM stereo. The old Motorola concept that died. Sounded pretty good, on most stuff, too. I'm sure the market killed it, tho.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

My '83 Toronado had AM stereo and luckily for me our radio station in Junuea broadcasted in stereofor a few years.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

...I forgot, my 82 Toro does, too. Plumb fergit important stuff
like that.
...I can't believe how good that Tempmatic is working. Got a new dual vacuum relay coming, as I don't trust the "patch" job. Those critters are hard to find.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

galaxyhunter wrote:
desert wings wrote:
Only for ball games!
That would make you number 5...:smiler:

·
Steve
440 Posts
imported post

I WILL ADMIT TO BEING #6!

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

#7 here. I probably listen to AM 40-50% of the time that I listen to radio.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I've done similar things a couple of times and not just on my bike too. Computers, Cars, Bikes, House projects, etc. It's funny the way our brains overlook simple things at times. As far as the radio goes, I hardly listen to AM, but that's because most of the same type of programming on AM/FM is on my XM radio. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.