Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i am going to sync my carbs myself and wanted to do it the single vacuum guage method - didn't feel like calibrating 4 guages for just 1 sync.. will I have to use the fish tank air valves on the single guage method?

·
Administrator
24,845 Posts
imported post

You are going to need some kind of air valve system or go crazy switching the gauge to each cylinder then back to recheck. Going to be plenty hard enough either way.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
imported post

One gauge for sync is tougher but can be done. Valves are used to open and shut for each cylinder. You will need too build some type of manifold to isolate each cylinder. I would also recommend a vacuum canister in line with the gauge to dampen the pulsating vacuum reading. You will find the needle bouncing without one, some guys use a 2" diameter piece of PVC about 1 or 2 feet long with caps on the end , then drill to install vacuum lines into. Do a search you will find pics and more info than I can provide.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Get a 4 valve aquarium manifold made of brass, this will allow you to isolate the 4 lines needed to go to each cylinder. I think it's better to use 4 gauges though as adjusting 1 carb will sometimes affect another one.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

ah.. I see now.. Maybe I'll just go through the whole shebang with a typical 4 guage set-up..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.