Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Pulled back into the driveway after a short ride on a beautiful fall day a couple of years ago. Hopped off the bike and realized too late I didn't put the kickstand down. We both hit the pavement and for a while, I thought I wasn't gonna get my leg out from under it. But somehow I managed. Stood up, looked around and there was not a soul in sight. Good I thought while I picked the bike up, I can keep the embarrassment to myself. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
imported post

been there done that. But it was not as funny as you doing it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

If no one saw it, it didn't happen did it? You know, like the tree in the forest. :cheeky1:

Did the same thing a few days ago at the gas pump myself. :blushing:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

I've tipped over a few, that's small business. How about tearing down the main strip in Myrtle Beach SC drunk off my a$$. Now that's dumb. Got caught and let off with a drunk in public fine. Not a proud moment at all but that was 25 years ago and I've learned a lot along the way.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

dumbest thing i ever did ????? hmmm let me think a sec , there are just too many to list ,but i will take a stab at it and say , jumping the railroad tracks on a 440 LTD Kawasaki at 80 MPH , i did it a bunch , yeah it was fun and it was REALLY DUMB .:cooldevil:

i might add the LTD 440 had really good airborne qualities ,almost like a dirt bike .

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
imported post

At age 10 I stole my dads shiny brand spankin new Yamaha XS400.... prettiest bike Id ever seen!!! So its not like I could REALLY touch the ground on it or anything but i was riding and looking SOOOOO good until I had to stop at an intersection that is where the bike was just too much for me and PLOP!!! Over I go!!!!!

Now the bike was just way to big much less to big for me topick it up so here I am this little kid scared to death trying topick up this stolen bike out of the middleof an intersection when suddenly I am RESCUED!!!!! Two old ladies with blue and grey hair came over and helped me pick it up..... OMG!!! I was soo embarrased i never stole anything again!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

About 8 years ago I spent the night at a friends house and get really drunk. I was not at all tempted to ride, but we did start up my VStar 1100 with drag pipes at 2:00 AM and rev it up real good. I am sure the neighbors loved it.

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

Quick little jaunt on my brother-in-law's old 350 Honda.(A loooong time ago). Didn't think to take my fat foot off the rear brake pedal. As a novice I didn't realize you're better off to lock up the front wheel than the rear. So - I come to a T-intersection. Rear brake is overheated and doesn't do squat. I don't use the front brake, and I shoot right across, through the ditch, take down a farmer's fence, the top barb-wire strand gouges my helmet as I duck under, it tears a hole in the back of my jacket, and the sissy bar(yes, it had a sissy bar) snapped the wire. Then I dumped it in the farmer's field. And that, my friends, is why I always wear a helmet.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Now this is when I was about 18, drunk as a skunk..... OK hey I was 18.
Fortunately I was only riding a 150cc BSA at the time, came out the pub on a Saturday night, jumped on the bike kick started it (don't know how I didn't fall over) pulled the front brake jammed it in gear and on gravel of course the bloody thing spun right around, I managed to stay upright, luckily I found I was headed in the right direction, I must have pulled the clutch in by then so I under the watchful eye's of the local constabulary drove sedately off to my destination which fortunately wasn't very far.
Anyone living in the area now would know this pub as the Wheatsheaf hotel in Ingleton Yorkshire

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Who DOESNT remember Rowan and Martin's Laughin? Remember Arty? The guy that
was always on the tricycle running into things on it and falling over? Well I kind of did that on my VF750S in front of a grocery store in my neighborhood. Went right on over
after flipping the kickstand down? Well it flipped back up not down. Over I went just like
Arty......Vee Half Vays of making you talk..... Talk about EMBARRASSING:X:(

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

Yeah...like I'll "take the bait" on THIS one...stupidest thing you've ever done...and I would share this, um, why? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I have to say that, as I recall, the ONLY bike I HAVEN'T fallen over with, is my VF750S....there's no "splainin'" it.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

I shudder now when I think of it.

Hot summer, 1976 (don't think Ireland has had one since), riding my CB125 wearing only swimming trunks and figuring out that the best way to shift gears in my bare feet was to use my heel to pull up on the shifter...

Ok, so top speed was only 60MPH...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

maplewingnut wrote:
Hot summer, 1976 (don't think Ireland has had one since), riding my CB125 wearing only swimming trunks and figuring out that the best way to shift gears in my bare feet was to use my heel to pull up on the shifter...
You needed Red, CJ's better half...you coulda tied a cord to the shifter, turned your head sideways, and yelled "shift"! OK, Red hates me now, too...I guess ya had to be there...:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
imported post

In 1978, I bought a brand new 750 Honda. A week later, my wife(girlfriend then) and I took a trip on it. After too many cocktails one night, I pulled up to a stop sign, and forgot to put my foot down.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Pulling out from Deals Gap Resort up the mountain with the gas valve in the OFF position. Yep ran out of gas half way up the hill in a curve. Had to get it started again with bikes flying by. Oh well, live and learn; and use FINE-C to start the bike everytime!

Bernie

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Put $5K into a HD Sportster...

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Rode my Suzuki GS750 dead drunk for hours one night after an Army National Guard shooting match.... how I survived is beyond me..... almost lost my life and, what would have been worse, almost lost Red. I quit drinking the following morning, went sober, and have been now for coming up on twenty years..... so, in effect, it was the dumbest thing I've ever done, but it prodded me into doing the smartest thing I've ever done......

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

while useing a Tyder rental truck to move, we dumb teens decided to ride the cycles up the ramp into the truck. well my old yamaha tx500a was a cold blodded thing. it stalled in the middle of the ramp andme and it took a quick trip to the ground not once but 3 times. finally got a run on it hit the ramp at like 25 mph and had skid marks on the floor of the truck, i did not hit the front though.

ahh to be young and dumb again.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

I haven't done my dumbest thing yet. I'm sure I'm going to. I just don't know what or when.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

Right bbach. That's sort of like "Have you lived here all your life?". "Not yet." :cheeky1:

My first post here I told on myself for not putting the kick stand down, but after thinking about it, that wasn't my dumbest. That would have been taking my eyes off the road in a curve to check for something that had come loose. You can imagine the rest of the story. :shock:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.