Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have Dunlop E3's on my GL1500 and would like to know the best pressures for them. I have had 36psi in the front and have noticed a flat band of about 2" beginning to develop in the centre of the tyre. Is this because it's too hard or too soft or just something that these tyres do ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

I just ordered a few and from what I have gathered from the folks on this site is..40 in the front and 42 in the rear. Some one else might want to chime in here but that appears to be the consensus.:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

My E-2's on the back really started to scallop..Was told it was due to Under inflation and also the contributing factor was the shocks on the back that were nearly gone I was running 64 in the back when I first Got the bike and was told that was not enough..I have since put new progressives on and installing the new E'3's This week. But make sure you check balance and your front fork play also.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

34 in the back..not 64.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
34 in the back..not 64.

:ROFL::ROFL:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

RON WYLIE wrote:
I have Dunlop E3's on my GL1500 and would like to know the best pressures for them. I have had 36psi in the front and have noticed a flat band of about 2" beginning to develop in the centre of the tyre. Is this because it's too hard or too soft or just something that these tyres do ?

Thanks
If you ride highways most of the time your tyres will wear only in the centre.
Find some twisty roads and have some fun as you round out the tread on the tyres.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

minimum recommendation pressures from dunlop web site, is 36 front 40 rear, pressures above this and below maximum printed on the tires, would be the way to go.

experiment with different pressures to get the ones comfortable for you, but stay within the minimum and maximum pressures recommended.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

Ken Bergen wrote:
If you ride highways most of the time your tyres will wear only in the centre.
Find some twisty roads and have some fun as you round out the tread on the tyres.
That's why I'm consistantly changing lanes.:D

Oldishwinger has it right. Stay within the operating range specified by the manufacturer. Some guys get really anal about the difference between 39# and 40#.

If our tire pressure gauges were that accurate, the tires would be rated at 36.2#

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

glhonda wrote:
That's why I'm consistantly changing lanes.:D
So that was you I saw the other day threading the broken lane markers at 90mph?:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

Ken Bergen wrote:
So that was you I saw the other day threading the broken lane markers at 90mph?:ROFL:
If it was only 90mph, it wasn't me!:action:No wonder I have clutch problems.:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
imported post

the senior members on here say 41 psi in the front and 44 psi in the rear.--helps gas mileage and the bike handles much better.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

40 & 40. My gas mileage did improve from 36 (front) and 40 rear. Trust the Gurus, though. Lots of knowledge from those guys.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
imported post

My last set, I changed from 42/44 to 44/44. The change in the front tire made the handling better in the twisties. I could hardly notice the snakes in the road. The wear didn't seem to change much.

The new set I just put on I set at 44/44

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

you have a chicken strip.......get on the twisties and have some fun.:banana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.