Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to buy a brand new tire for the front wheel of my 1500. Only 25 bucks. Only problem was that it was a E2 instead of E3. I don't ever remember an E2. What is it for or it really old? It still had the paper label on it.

Steve

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I believe that they stopped making the E2 about 6yrs ago... might want to check the Date Code on the tire.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
The "E" signifies the "elite" series. They did NOT discontinue the Elite-II series. It was/is the 491 elite. It comes in blackwall and RWL. But ALWAYS check the date code.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,908 Posts
The "E" signifies the "elite" series. They did NOT discontinue the Elite-II series. It was/is the 491 elite. It comes in blackwall and RWL. But ALWAYS check the date code.
Some sizes have been discontinued. I have them on my 76. If I can find a new date code set I will buy them. Have 19k miles and no cupping. I love them.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,324 Posts
I would suspect that the reason you got it for so cheap is because it was out of date. Since it's on a trike, the seller probably feels like it won't be a problem. And I agree with him.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys. I think I will see if he still has it and then will check out the date stamp.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.