Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yea i know guys this is a rough version but just an initial version to get the sense if could be popular or not. Give me your thoughts.... thx dave

First the story of durango dave character, he is 60 years old and ex army and bitter about his divorce, he is a constant rebel, he feels he paid his debt to society and his life savings in alamony, all thats left is him and his bike and any odd jobs he can get.

here is the first version....

http://www.durangodaves.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/newddtoon1.jpg

updated you can see all of them here makes it easier

http://www.durangodaves.com/id147.html

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

One should not criticize such a person unless from one is a safe distance away. I hope Toronto is far enough away.

I like the cartoon but the character profile could turn people off. A lot of people are under stress now due to the economy and it could be hard for them to empathize unless the humourous side of the character is shown.

I think a lot of people would enjoy seeing an underdog come out on top. Maybe if the ex wife had run off with the CEO of General Motors and the character had to repo the GM jet....

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

lol nobbie, humorous forthcomming, thanks

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I like them, the first one could also read, "She told me size didn't matter...................

He has to be an underdog people can identify with.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

right on bob its fixed, i replaced the orginal one at the top of the posting, thanks for catchin that, too funny.... here is the new character profile

The story of "Durango Dave" the character, he is 60 years old and ex army retiredand bitter about his divorce, his job was downsized and he was forced into early retirement,he is a constant rebel and constant fighter, hepaid his debt to society, and his life savings in alimony, he smokes way too much and feels he drinks way too little, he is the ultimate underdog, all thats left is him and his bike and he travels the countryside seekingadventure and challenge on the one thing that will never turn on him, his faithfull motorcycle, in which he affectionately calls"Goldy"

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

:cheeky1:bob :waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I liked the first one best, it's not limited to the present time, and it's short. I think the best cartoons are the ones that make an ironic point with few words.

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

It's got a lot of potential. And it's good to scoff in the face of "Political Correctness" once in a while. There's way too much of that and not enough straight shootin'. Good luck with your effort.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I like him, maybe he could poke a little fun at some of us time and again.

I don't know about others, but I wouldn't mind:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.