Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

The price is right. They seem to be really high quality tires. Do they last as long and perform as well as Dunlops, Michelins, Avons?

Opinions are great, but experience holds more weight.

Seems logical to spend MORE for yourtires if theylast longer and perform better, and I know that Dunlops and Michelins have a strong following, but are the Duro's possibly every bit as good?

I really do not know and I am sure that several goldwings are wearing them.

The Previous Owner of my 1992 Aspencade was getting 9000 Miles out of the rear Mitzlers and 17,000 out of the Front Mitzlers.

Thank you in advance for responding.

· Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Nice Trailer..

No, Really nice trailer..

Hmmm.. Awesome Trailer, must pull nicely behind the 1800

· Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

That is a sad experience. For what it costs in time and effort for a shop to install and balance a tire, it just makes sense to install a trusted and road proven tire that lasts 50% longer and performs better. I will stick with the Name brands that everyone loves. I hate that you had such a bad experience.

Live is an adventure
Enjoy the adventure

Tony

· Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Although brief in its scope this has been a good discussion about one of the more important safety aspects of owning and maintaining our Goldwings. Getting the best tire is for the most part a compromise in either mileage or performance. There are some that go to the dark side and install Automobile tires that are not only cheaper, but get 35,000 miles before having to be replaced. I do not like riding on the dark side. That being said, I would like to find a discussion area where the differences in brands of tires are examined and evaluated. How many plys, load rating, mileage, performance, construction, reliability are all factors. If you know of a good site, I would truely be interested in reading and exploring everyones experiences. Tires are expensive. Having them installed is time consuming and expensive. Finding a trouble free and long lasting tire is one of the most cost effective ways of enjoying our Goldwings.

Your help in directing me to some good tire discussions would be greatly appreciated.

FerrariMX5

1 - 5 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.