Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just changed both tires and installed metallic valves. I also purchased a kit of dynabeads for both tires but I am not sure if I should use them or not. I was just told of the disadvantage of not being able to use tire sealants such as slime or the fix a flat cans. Those are very useful to keep going when you get a flat on the middle of nowhere.

Please share your experiences, if you use a fix a flat can or slime while having dynabeads into the tire. Is it possible and doable to salvage and reuse them??

Dynabeads are cheap but I am in Mexico and its expensive for me also i have to buy them in the us and I don't go up there very often.

Have anyone used a sealant with dynabeads to get to the nearest town to get the tire fixed?,

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I service motorcycle tires on a regular basis. I really abhor slime. I carry a plug kit with me and it will fix any ailment that slime claims to be able to plug. The big difference here is that if you pick up a nail or some such thing, yea, slime will prevent loss of air, for a while, but continued riding with a foreign object tearing up your tire whilst you don't even realize you've a problem, you risk causing a more serious problem that neither slime nor a plug will fix.
The beads will not work with slime, or any other generous fluid(s) inside the tire. My clients that use Dyna beads will swear by them. They serve their purpose very well and most will notice tire wear to be much even, none have complained of the cupping often found on well worn Goldwing tires.
Surely you can order them online?? A quick search and I found this: http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-194-dyna-beads.aspx
This is only my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I don't know of 1 tire person that likes that stuff and if you have ever used it or do ever use it in your wheel dyna beads will be useless. I was at the honda shop and the service man was telling a customer he had to charge 30 bucks extra to change his back tire because there was fix a flat in it. And if you use it in a vehicle with TPMS you'll have to replace that also.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Definitely invest in a plug kit with co2 cartridges as it is a much more reliable repair and doesn't ruin the inside of your tire and dyna beads.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't plan on using slime all the time to prevent flats but. Add it to the tire in case of a flat to seal it and keep going. I know you need a compressor so better use a plug then right? I may sound very dumb but I never used a plug kit although I always carried one on my goldwing, is the plug a definitive repair? Or you have to have the tire fixes with a patch from inside?

The same question again, is it possible to salvage the dynabeads?

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
1. Absolutely NEVER put Slime in a motorcycle tire EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. However, before putting the beads in, you should throughly check out the web sight for RideOn.
I have used this product for years.
The only caution on this product:
It is not to be used in any Wing that has the OEM TPMS at this time. Honda decided not to coat the sensors!
Pay particular attention to the area of coverage and the size punctures this product will work with.
Also, no tire plugs needed. Remove the offending item and "RideOn"!
Also, review the free 1 year road service membership offer.
This product also balances the wheel/tire.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
I use Ultraseal all the time. Saved me being stranded with a screw in the rear tyre once, and now I won't be without it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.