Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I saw and add for Dyna Beads when I was ordering my new tires has anyone tried them and do they really work better than balance weights like the add says?

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
imported post

Yes I have them in my 84 Aspy. They work great. Everytime you stop an restart your tires are rebalanced. So no matter how the tire wears it's always balanced. The local Honda shop even sells them.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

oldsouthpaw wrote:
2 oz in each tire on a 1500?
That sounds right.

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
imported post

Forgot to mention, my ST1100 has a 2 oz bag of Dyna Beads in each tire. The bag disintegrates after a mile or so.

Rode real smooth from Arkansas to home here in Arizona.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
imported post

Put them in my new front tyre last month.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

I am sold on them, I had dealer put them in last year when I had new E3's put on. We have been all over this summer on long and short trips and no problems at all. I maintain my tire pressure and with the beads I have no uneven wear at all. I will continue using them.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Forgot to mention, my ST1100 has a 2 oz bag of Dyna Beads in each tire. The bag disintegrates after a mile or so.

Rode real smooth from Arkansas to home here in Arizona.
Hey John,,,,,,,, do you get your "bag" of beads from a dealer, or off the net?? Would you have a link??

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

The only problem with beds are they can get stuck in the valve stem,
they make a mess when changing and most of all when you travel you have
to put air which puts moisture causing then to clump together and not work.
try centramatics they work very well buy them once never have to take off or balance tires.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

"The only problem with beds are they can get stuck in the valve stem,"

..... This could be a possibility.

"they make a mess when changing"

.....I change my own tires and I never had a mess with the beads. They always stay in the tire when I take it off the rim.

"and most of all when you travel you have to put air which puts moisture causing then to clump together and not work."

..... I have never experienced this problem. I have been using beads in my car, truck and both motorcycles (tubed and tubeless) tires for several years now and I have not experienced any problems at all. I ride over 50K per year. BTW, they do work.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

There may be some issues with moisture inside the tire causing the beads to cluster. I added them to my tires, which had been mounted about 2 mos earlier(delay was waiting for the beads to arrive). I watched the guy mount my back tire(CT) and he was very liberal with the bead lube and may have gotten some inside the tire. THAT would spell trouble for the beads. I do have a small shimmy now, and that may be the problem. Another possibility is the fact that it is a wide car tire and the beads cannot handle the lateral balance.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
imported post

My new front tire (Elite 3) and supply of Dyna Beads should arrive tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes.

:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
imported post

Hawker22 wrote:
. Another possibility is the fact that it is a wide car tire and the beads cannot handle the lateral balance.

They can be used on trucks etc,

You may need to have another oz of beads in or if you have a lateral balance problem I would suspect tyre is faulty.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

ordered two bridgestone tires and 4 oz of dyna beads getting ready to head to Wisconsin Sunday for about a 2,500 mile ride will let you know how they do

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Hello, I put them in my front tire (dunlop 177) 4000 miles ago and have had no problems . the bike runs smooth at 85mph so I figure they work great.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
imported post

Centimatics are great... but they only offer them for the 1800's. No fit for our older bikes. They do offer them for "most" the harleys.
Webby

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.