Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just a note. The Manufacturer recommends 1oz in the front and 2Oz in rear. Put 2 in both. Got that info from the 1200 forum. They run smooth as Glass. No low speed wobble which you may get with only 1OZ in the front.:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Im trying to go by memory...... which is never good....

But didn't it say somewhere that a tire weighing like 17.1 pounds needed 2 oz?? According to the shipping weight when I got my tire is was 21 pounds, which came with just the tire and a label affixed to it.

Im not say you wrong by any means, I agree 100%, I think thats whats wrong with mine, however she seems to be settling down a bit here now that I have got a few miles on it. I would hate to take them out, I like the higher speed ride that they offer.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Got the info here on Goldwing Docs..http://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1662

I was going yo use what the manufacturer stated but after reading the how to on the doc's page I did that . I had a friend that did the 1oz and had low speed wobble he added the extra oz and bingo problem solved. I have E 3's:waving:

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I prefer to balance tires and wheels the old fashioned way, with weights. BTW Jay, I got that wheel all polished up, the tire from the other wheel mounted on it, the disc installed, and everything balanced. Just waiting for some 0-rings and an oil seal to come in, and I can start putting the whole back end of the bike back together.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Excellent, just finished balancing the carbs and doing Vics tomorrow(Next Door Neighbor that bought my friend in Cals 84 I

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.