Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, pulling the cap off where I thought the breaker points would be, low and behold there's a dyna ignition system in there. However there are 3 wires(red, white & black) while the wiring diagram says there's only supposed to be 2 wires coming from the breaker system. Am I to presume the white and red are the hot wires and the black is a ground to somewhere?

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
There should be a red, yellow and blue. The red a switched 12v source, yellow to right coil, blue to left.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But where in the wiring diagram do I hook the red to? then the black and white would be the other two coils respectively?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Any switched positive, on the inline fours usualy the power wire at the rear brake light swich but basivally any black coloured wire ought to be switched power

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
But where in the wiring diagram do I hook the red to? then the black and white would be the other two coils respectively?
To the black/white wire to the coils. If you have black and white rather than yellow and blue it's just a guess as to which coil to connect which to.

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
Any switched positive, on the inline fours usualy the power wire at the rear brake light swich
Seems an odd place to connect.

·
Registered
427 Posts
On the fours the pickups are on rh side of crank and brakelight switch wires are in a rubber boot with points wires so makes great sense for those

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
On the fours the pickups are on rh side of crank and brakelight switch wires are in a rubber boot with points wires so makes great sense for those
Your right hand must be on the opposite side from mine.

·
Registered
784 Posts
"Right hand as sat on it?"

Portside. Fuel pump is Starboard. Brits have left-right confused... 🤣

Reactions: DaveO430

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
Dyna instructions recommend splicing the red wire into the white/green wire at the turn signal flasher. This is switched 12 volts.

Reactions: DenverWinger

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I hooked the power wire into the brake switch hot lead would that not be sufficient? I traced the diagram and the hot from the brake switch does loop into the turn signal flasher thingy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts