Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Since I am getting ready to go Darkside I am wondering if anyone has used the Dynabeads in a car tire? Or just use regular wheel weights?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
imported post

Why don't you see if Dynabeads has a site you can contact them and find out.The only thing is guessing how many ounces you would need to put inside the tire.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I'm on my way to Pa in my truck. Before I left I added 2 oz to one of my rear tires I have been having problems with. Left the weights on for now. Its better at higher speeds. Only been 250 miles so far thou. More later.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

If you put tire on your bike. it becomes a motorcycle tire. i do not believe it say's car tire anywhere on the tire.If the tire is similar in size to stock tyre then should use normal amout of beads. the dyna beads work best in a tall skinny tire like on a motorcycle. fat low profile tires should have wheel wieghts as well as the dyna. bt you don;t have to worry about that on a motorcycle
wilf

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Dynabeads in both my Double Dark tires :action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

I wondered that as well- I have used dyna beads on my chevy suburban, dodge sprinter van and three motorcycles with great success. I have put them in two of my VW's with wide aspect ratio tires and they did not work nearly as well.

I would guess that 1.5-2 oz would be the proper qnty but as others suggested ask dyabeads. I have bought mine from innovative balancing and found them to be pretty helpful.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

Sure. Why not use them in all of your tires? If your tire requires more than 2 oz then there is a problem with the tire or the mounting. In that case remove the tire/wheel, deflate the tire and break the beads loose. Then rotate the tire 180 degrees on the wheel and try again.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I bought the "Counter Act" brand, and it calls for 3 oz. in each rear tire on the trike. You'll get a smooth ride for sure. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Dyna beads are great. Good low and high speed ride. 20z per tire in the 1200 my neighbor uses them in his F 350 with good results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.