Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I finally got my DynaS to Dynatek in Ca. They told me it was indeed fried, and are sending me a new one for $75. I of course, new it was more than a year old (no warranty), but they told me from the serial # it was originally purchased in 1985. Ah-heck, I guess that means they only last 20 years.....

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Anything electronic that last 20 years is pretty good my friend. And $75 doesn't sound unreasonable.:)

Gene:D:11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I'm definately being sarcastic here. Really the only reason it gave out was due to the original little piggyback ballast they put on back then....the terminal became unsodered and caused a serge thru the Dyna. That burned it out, otherwise no tellin' how long it might've lasted.

Now, I've completely rewired the bike and put in 3ohm coils so there'll be no need for any ballast what so ever.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Thats not the going price is it, or did they cut you a break??:baffled:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

77GL1 wrote:
Yea - that's their repair/replacement fee. They sell for between $210 and $180 depending on where you look.
Very cool. Ive been thinking about getting one for mine. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:
... did you get your from this site?
Yes, and they give you the option of priority mail or UPS. I went with UPS and it was less than ten bucks to ship.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.