Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

Brojees

I know exactly how you feel. We just returned from a trip to the Oregon coast. While going through Salem the rear end got that wierd feeling like your in ruts andthe bikewants to steer itself. I pulled over and sure enough a nail puncture. I did the same thing... plugged the holeand got to the local Honda dealer. I have to give those guys a big "thank you" at CYCLE COUNTRY in Salem, they got me back on the road within an hour. Now the interesting part. We were about40 miles east of Prineville on Hwy 26, right at the Ochoco summit and I hit something and get another flat. Brand new tire with 200 miles on it gone flat, 6:30 pm, 100 degreesand now we're in the middle of nowhere. This time the tire had a 3/4" tear in it and I never thought it would hold air. Plugged it and it held air and we made it to the next town. We stayed at the Sky Hook Motel in Mitchell and in the morning the owner (Dennis) offered to drive me to Bend (60 miles away) to get a new tire. I have a great deal of gratitude to people in Oregon... thanks.

All in all... great trip but I could do without the flats. I now have a extra rearwheel and tire to take on the next trip which is next Tuesday. We're heading up north into the Yukon.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

All in all... great trip but I could do without the flats. I now have a extra rearwheel and tire to take on the next trip which is next Tuesday. We're heading up north into the Yukon.
Exavid wrote:

Okay, I give up, how are you carrying a spare tire?

Exavid,

Sorry, I should have been a little more discriptive. I mount it on the front of the bike and look through it. No, really, I meant when we go on trips, I take the trailer.

You'll have to excuse my timing to your question but I've been away all weekend.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.