Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Have only the GW tool kit at the moment, have only been doing local trips out so far, however, I will be gathering a small tool pouch together, based on my experience and some of the bits and bobs that you guys recommend. Main "accesory" will be breakdown cover with the RAC or AA, that way, I know the bike will get picked up if a real problem occurs. To be honest I am too long in the tooth to be doing much roadside repairs, played that game for years and it's time to let others do the work.

Did a nice 150+ round trip to the coast yesterday, met a few Wing riders and amazingly the sun shone on us all day.:)I am slowly but shorely getting Helen used to the time in the saddle. Met one couple who had a 1500 with one of those ride on ride off centre stands, boy, if theyare still available, I got to get my hands on one of those, the guy was shorter and older than me but made it look so easy!! He had a well loaded trailer behind too.

Didn't get dysentry, but the tum is a bit dodgey today, from too much greesey food, burgers and chips play havoc, and need to be close to the loo today!!

Definately going to get some tyre repair goo, strikes me, that would be a good investment. One stray nail and the wing is out of the game, bad enough on a small bike, but not for me a rear wheel removal by the side of the motorway, with trucks thundering by at 60mph!!:(

Pete
Get a plug kit as well and allow the plug to be your first line of defense not the goo. If you have ever seen a tyre dismounted after using the goo, you will know why I say this!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

All in all... great trip but I could do without the flats. I now have a extra rearwheel and tire to take on the next trip which is next Tuesday. We're heading up north into the Yukon.
Exavid wrote:

Okay, I give up, how are you carrying a spare tire?

Exavid,

Sorry, I should have been a little more discriptive. I mount it on the front of the bike and look through it. No, really, I meant when we go on trips, I take the trailer.

You'll have to excuse my timing to your question but I've been away all weekend.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
imported post

The photos are back!!

Left from home

Waved at the new neighbours

Dropped by Mum's to check on her before I left.

and rolled out for my trip!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nice place Brojees, a tad difficult to see that "Yellow Brick Road" but nice!!

Mum could do with a visit from a double glazing rep!! And a quick check over with a Geiger counter wouldn't go amiss.:goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Nice place Brojees, a tad difficult to see that "Yellow Brick Road" but nice!!

Mum could do with a visit from a double glazing rep!! And a quick check over with a Geiger counter wouldn't go amiss.:goofygrin:

Pete
Mums a spry old bird to be sure. You knew I was tinker's get?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.