·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Not really, the left sides are in more demand. Seems like they are lost more for pulling on and off for battery checks, wiring etc. If someone wants it bad enough, they will pay for it.

Look for a 85 LTD left side cover. $225 and up!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

it happens all the time. Market demand ya know...

Its scary if you are on the buying side, but if you are a seller-it will only sell for that kind of money if someone is willing to pay it.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Market demand rules, thats true. But I never realized what a demand there is for left covers. If only I had 1000 of them!!

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
imported post

And there guys making them after market now..

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
imported post

or hes a self bidder raising price

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
imported post

Trucknchuck wrote:
or hes a self bidder raising price
I don't know. He has the right cover listed with a starting bid of$20.00 and no bids on it yet. I've seen those left covers go into the stratosphere on eBay. :?

Hey, just noticed: My 200th post! :dude:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Price a new one and then price the goldwing emblem to go on it and you will see why they go for such high money on ebay ,,

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

I am looking for the battery cover for a '85 limited. The bid on ebay for one is $299.Looks like my battery will be exposed for awhile longer. wally

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
Price a new one and then price the goldwing emblem to go on it and you will see why they go for such high money on ebay ,,
Wexy hit it dead on, the demand is the driving force and the condition and also lack of patience of poeple to waite on a good deal.

That is a very nice looking cover though. I have bought and sold a few for around 125.00 in good conditon and fealt the deal was good on both sides of transaction.

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

there is a left side battery cover on ebay now in wineberry(my color) for $400 buy it now for that price i'd have to almost consider buying another parts bike an having everything repainted to match

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

JEeze. Im starpped for cash who wants mine???

:action:

Just my luck mine will sell for $100 and in a year when I go to get one the price will rocket to over $500

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.