Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone out there has seen any of this gasoline yet? ive read some on this and from what ive read its not good for any type of engine its 15% corn and 85% gas they say the E10 drops your mpg by 4% and this mixture will even be more and the effects on the engine are unbelievable i live in upstate new york and havent come across any yet but it is mandated by the goverment to be nation wide. :wtf: thanks

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Not where I am at in SC. Most of the stations here in Greenville have even removed their E-85 gas and replaced them with 100% gas instead. Makes finding pure gas a lot easier now !

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
It's been dubbed E-85, not E-15!(although the E-15 is showing up more and more)
It is for use in Flex-Fuel type vehicles only.
As far as 10%Ethanol fuel goes, it is safe to use in all gasoline engines. Also read the sticker on the pump. It tells the tale. The fuel contains up to 10% Ethanol. I doubt we get 10% very often!
That is the simple truth on both type fuels, gleaned from several web searches when I see anything contrary to the above info posted on any forums I frequent or moderate.
Of course, if you find it on the web, it has to be the truth, right!
For Ifly
There are several stations in Greenville you can get the E-85, if you have a flex fuel vehicle:
Hickory Point, 2617 Wade Hampton Blvd., Greenville, SC 29615
Spinx, 941 Haywood Rd., Greenville, SC 29615
Spinx, 2901 N. Pleasantburg Dr., Greenville, SC 29609
Spinx, 1510 Woodruff Rd., Greenville, SC 29607
Spinx, 1519 White Horse Rd., Greenville, SC 29605

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
There is E10 right now, and they are proposing E15, which is 15% corn ethanol. E85 is 85% ethanol. So totally different!

Yes, they have both.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Then the DA's are blending "oxygenated fuel".You can tell when my Pick- up gets a load of that chit.A tank only lasts me about two days instead of a week,and i have driven the same route for 30 years.EPA,Polultion...Yea,RIGHT. BS it's ALL about MONEY.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
LOL - no, I'm NOT looking for E-85 in Greenville. Even if I could run it in my vehicles, I wouldn't. All now live on 100% alcohol free gas. :)

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
We ALL need to grow up and learn the TRUE facts on E?? fuel!
Ethanol is not all EVIL but it is not great either!

I was experimenting with Ethanol and even making my own in 2000+ years.
Corn is an EVIL way to make it! Many other crops, and wild growth, are almost as good and do not harm food supply or lands like corn does!

I've ran up to about E50 in an old ford pickup truck fine, a bit less MPG but ran well for general use. I'd switch to the other tank with E10 in it when pulling a harder load like a car/van/truck on large trailer.
Since only E10 is available around here that is all I can normally run, even back in those years of 2000+ but I often ran past a station with E85 back then also.
I would mix my own mixture of E10 and E85 to blend roughly an E50 for my truck in the one tank! I'd run fine on that tank and over all save a bit on fuel costs running light. I did not have the extra power for pulling a heavy load that I wanted so when loaded I would switch tanks back to the E10 tank.

A high compression engine will do better on E? than a low compression engine! A true high performance muscle car with high compression engine will do much better than the run of the mill family car of the old days with the low compression engines.

Ethanol is not totally evil either! Many fuel cleaners are simply alcohol based as in using Ethanol as main ingredient! Some use Methanol which is pure evil!
I will NOT buy gas at Casey stations ever because they use Methanol which is bad for everything including ME. Ethanol is simply moonshine made legal and poisoned so we can't drink it LOL
Methanol is serious bad stuff though!

As for everyone always talking all the harm Ethanol does, much is just bull!
My OLD Johnsereds chainsaw as never had a fuel related issue yet and I run it on E10 and oil mix, let it sits months and months, shake it up and run on the OLD fuel in it! I have done this about 14 years now!
Nothing has got ate up, corroded, or weak and cracked yet.

On the other hand my old Craftsman chainsaw running on pure gas got hard and cracked fuel lines, gunked up carb which had to be rebuilt, and a couple other fuel related issues over the years BEFORE I got the old used Jonsereds I use now for last 14 or so years!

I have lots of cars/trucks/vans and only fuel issue I generally have after letting them sit long periods of time is the in the tank crap fuel pumps go bad! I have put pure gas in some vehicles in past and the crap pumps still go bad so that's not Ethanol doing it either!
At one time my daughter counted up I had 50 vehicles, and there was a few she did not know about LOL
Many are gone now, sold off in last few years.
However of all those vehicles none ever had any serious fuel problems other than the pumps going bad after sitting for a couple years! I install a new pump into the old tank with old fuel and they run fine! Course I do end up topping off the tanks with fresh fuel soon as they run again so it's not all old fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.